Girlfriend tapping the glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually...put a metal trash can over her head and give it a couple of solid whacks with a stick. It will approximate what she's putting the fish through every time she taps on the glass. :lol:

-Joe

Actually...put a metal trash can over her head and give it a couple of solid whacks with a stick. It will approximate what she's putting the fish through every time she taps on the glass. :lol:

-Joe

its actually kind of true since fish are very sesitive to shock waves

Tell her that every time she taps on the window diminishes her chances of getting to name a fish (not sure if that works on adults, haha)

Ever hear of a cussing jar? (.25-$1 every time you cuss)

Same idea, only call it a tapping jar. Put it on/near the tank and make her pay up, at least it'll cost her something to fulfill her obsession and you'll have cash for a new fish/filter, maybe a new DT if she's unwilling to cure her bad habit.

I told my son if he ever taps on the glass, he has to donate a Star Wars action figure to permanently guard the tank.

That probably only works when you struggle to keep the Force in balance like he does though. I like the trash can method for normal folks.

Mozah said:
I told my son if he ever taps on the glass, he has to donate a Star Wars action figure to permanently guard the tank.

That probably only works when you struggle to keep the Force in balance like he does though. I like the trash can method for normal folks.

Lol that's hilarious

Tell her that intelligent people are able to follow simple instructions and then let her draw her own conclusions.

my fish come up to see us when we put our fingers on the glass and they even follow our fingers around. However, we do not bang or loudly tap on the glass. We don't mind the finger prints either :)

Back
Top Bottom