Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Glow fish aren't dyed! Please do not confuse the difference! Dyeing and tattooing is cruel but glow fish has nothing to do with it. The change was made way before they were born, on genetics level, no harm was made.

I owe 5 of those astonishing and happy glowing friends! They are just as hardy as a regular white skirt tetra. Super active, smart and colorful! They are beautiful living creatures and in need to be loved and cared of (and not avoid of) as any other fish or an animal. I highly recommend these guys to everyone! If you like tetras or danios and want to bring extra color to your aquarium - glow fish are out there to be adopted by you! Go get them!

Old 01-12-2014, 09:01 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sry for cunfuion

Old 01-12-2014, 09:11 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

I understand, no worries. there are fish that dyed and I am against that. Glofish are not one of them tho. I know it is personal and people have different opinions but I love my guys, have no complains with them. They are very joyful!
Old 01-12-2014, 10:23 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ive read plenty of stories of them actually dying early without cause. Either way, buying these man made fish is supporting the genetically modified fish industry which isnt something im in agreement with.

Which in some way is actually more frightening than dying.

They dont look natural, rather like something i once found in the bottom of a cerial box when i was younger .

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
molliwopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:34 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I disagree with these species. I also saw frogs at my lfs the other day. We shouldn't have to make our fish when we have so many amazing fish to choose from already.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2901563900.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	216448  
Old 01-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ok, so you just let them die cuz they are not up your standards!
Old 01-12-2014, 11:14 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If they're happy and healthy like other fish and the only difference is there looks why would anyone have anything against them?
Old 01-13-2014, 12:29 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Glow- fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy10 View Post
If they're happy and healthy like other fish and the only difference is there looks why would anyone have anything against them?

I'm gonna go ahead and get involved here, to answer your question because they're genetically modified fish. Yes, selective breeding is perfectly fine, we do it with dogs, cats and tons of other things, but making something In a lab and exploiting it for profit is truly sickening. Now glofish are not dyed, yes I know this but I'm still against their sale. We have hundreds of thousands if not millions of natural choices to pick from, we don't need to make fish In labs. However fish like blood parrots are higher on my priority list, they live much much much more horrible, painful and hard lives than glow fish.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:58 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Just my 2 cents I have the whole 10 gallon glo tank set up in my daughters room they out lived my tiger barbs so down sized to that tank for them and my algae eater while I take the 40 gallon they were in to set up for salt water to strip mother natures of her wild free fish to put in captivity
Old 01-13-2014, 01:07 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Glow- fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScootB View Post
Just my 2 cents I have the whole 10 gallon glo tank set up in my daughters room they out lived my tiger barbs so down sized to that tank for them and my algae eater while I take the 40 gallon they were in to set up for salt water to strip mother natures of her wild free fish to put in captivity

I think you may have misinterpreted me, I don't support wild catching either. We have thousands if not Millions of tank bred species that are out there to go home to an appropriate tank! We don't need to create or catch fish. Probably should've been more clear with that.

Tags
fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« More fish | WOW »