Going away again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawmutt

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just found out my grandfather died today. I feel stupid typing this, as if these words on the screen can actually convey my deep sense of loss. One of the greatest figures in my life was taken today. The man who accepted his daughter after she got pregnant at 16, and helped raise her child the best way he knew how. The man who made me what I am today. I'm glad I was able to get up to CT to see him one last time before he passed on. So I'll be taking another trip, this time for a less happy occasion. I don't know what else to type right now, so I'll stop.

Have a safe trip. I fully understand as I lost one of my grandfathers a few years ago after a fairly long battle with cancer. As with you he was a very important figure into whom I am today.

i too lost a grandfather after a long battle with cancer not to long ago. he raised me for much of my childhood along with my grandmother. i am very sorry for your loss

Sorry for your loss, shawmutt. Take comfort in knowing you were able to visit with him before he passed. My Grandfather passed away a few years ago, and for reasons I can't even remember I didn't go visit him in the hospital. I'll be kicking myself for that for years. Have a safe trip....

so sorry about that. i lost my grandfather who, for me, was the best person i have ever met and loved, so i understand exactly how you feel. that was over 10 years ago, and i still nearly cry when i think of him. always remember the good times you had with him, they are priceless. take care and be safe.

I'm so sorry for your loss, shawmutt. Have a safe trip, and I hope it's a comfort to you to be with your family members and share warm memories of your grandfather.

I totally understand what you're going through. I lost my grandfather when I was 11 and I was there when he died. He battled lung cancer and lost the fight. I miss him immensly and will until the day I die. <hugs>

:cry: I am glad you were able to see him before he passed away. There is nothing more important than family.

I am sorry for your loss. I never really knew any of my grandparents my last grandfather died when I was 4 and my last grandmother passed away when I was eight. It is great that you got to know and respect him. But just rember he will always be a part of you in your memories..

My sincere condolences, Shawmutt. I never knew my grandparents, they passed when I was very young. I missed out on a lot, I believe. I know this must be a very tough time for you, make sure to take care of yourself.

Thanks for all the support. After a very long 16 hour drive, I'm finally home.

We had to have two wakes, one in CT and one in Canada. I was asked to read at both, which was a huge honor. I haven't been to sleep since 8AM yesterday, so I'm practically falling asleep while typing this, so I'm going to bed for a while. Thanks again for all your kind words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom