goldfish bowls...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animalzrok2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Why are tiny 1 gallon tanks called goldfish bowls???? No goldfish should live in a tank that small! Maybe i just don't understand because i'm "too young", but this just annoys me sooo much! Plus NONE of my friends believe me when i say goldfish can't live in that size tank, and that commons get 1' long. Could someone please explain why they are called "goldfish bowls"?

Why are bettas sold in cups? Common plecos sold to anybody and everybody on a whim? Why are fish painted?

Same things

Bettas in cups because males are aggressive towards one another, can't exactly have a tank full of them

Because a goldfish can live in a one gallon bowl... But not happy or healthy or very long... Unless you get a normal gold fish and have a big plant in the bowl, my grandma had a vase with a big plant in it and a gold fish and it swam in there and ate the plant particles and got oxygen from the plant, the fish out lived the plant and was moved to a 10 gallon tank, but personally I HATE bowls I just want to go in and smash them, no creature should have to be in a bowl with their own urine and poop, the only thing "gold fish" bowls are good for, is spare change! :)

KRAKEN said:
Because a goldfish can live in a one gallon bowl... But not happy or healthy or very long... Unless you get a normal gold fish and have a big plant in the bowl, my grandma had a vase with a big plant in it and a gold fish and it swam in there and ate the plant particles and got oxygen from the plant, the fish out lived the plant and was moved to a 10 gallon tank, but personally I HATE bowls I just want to go in and smash them, no creature should have to be in a bowl with their own urine and poop, the only thing "gold fish" bowls are good for, is spare change! :)

Correction! Goldfish bowls make great underwater air domes for fiddler crabs to have dry land! Haha. But yes spare change is a viable option :)

jkdubs2 said:
Correction! Goldfish bowls make great underwater air domes for fiddler crabs to have dry land! Haha. But yes spare change is a viable option :)

Lol that's great!

Starka said:
Lol that's great!

Haha thanks and it tends to be easier than making a land/water tank. Will look good too if u do it right. Just gotta add an airstone in it to keep fresh air circulating!

Back
Top Bottom