Gonna get in trouble now....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't forget about the car ride to your cousins ... then again ... it might be the silent treatment during the ride .... sometimes those are worst than the "hearing about it":hide:

Good luck!:D

I went on ahead and set it up.....I actually started working on it this morning at 6 am when she left for work :facepalm:

Now where is the vacuum,,,,,, and the pictures she wanted me to hang,,,,, and oh yea the kitchen is clean,,,,,,got to write my forgiveness speech too. I got 3 hours :eek: where did the time go?!?

Living on the edge!!!(y)

OK. After the initial anger it turned out alright. I didn't get the silent treatment and didn't get yelled at either. Her anger dissipated rather rapidly. We ended up having a really good weekend.

I think she is starting to realize that I'm going to do what I do no matter.

Dodged a bullet on that one. :D

I thought my wife was against my hobby but she got me my 10g set up for a Breeder/QT and then mentioned maybe we should have a tank in the bedroom. Oh yaaaa and since I have another Cichlid holding maybe she will go for a 40B and a nice 55g or so

Here it is. And yes I'm still happily married. (y) It has It's sole inhabitant already at 1.5 inches. Not the best pics but take a guess at what he/she is. The decor will change as he/she grows. I'm leaning towards a he though.

Attachments

• DAMION 1.jpg
    DAMION 1.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 119
  • DAMION 5.jpg
    DAMION 5.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 139
Wow ... you got to keep your new tank and:fish2:, didn't suffer any bodily injury AND your still happily married:huh:? You ought to write a book!(y)

wow this thread made me laugh so hard
i don't know how you guys do it, one tank is enough for me!
but once i get everything figured out and going i'll probably want more

Wow ... you got to keep your new tank and:fish2:, didn't suffer any bodily injury AND your still happily married:huh:? You ought to write a book!(y)

:ROFLMAO: It would be a short story for sure.

It does help being a successful Outside sales professional for 20 + years. You learn skills that can be applied in real time :dance:

The car ride was a little frightening at first though :hide:

HUKIT said:
I picked up two more 40B's and my wife helped me carry them, I think after 17 years of marriage she's given up to fighting this.

Leadership is still in your toolbox...

I catch some words every time I go to town because I am always buying tanks and stuff aquarium related she just rolls her eyes when I head for my pet store cause it's like the show "cheers" where everybody knows your name lol and phone number when new stock comes in and how many tanks I have and which still have room left in them lol sad I know but I have to cool my jets cause we have 9 tanks now and she told me no more after 2

The money is a part of it for her but it's mostly the space I take up with tanks. But I got to thinking. If she only knew what all I have acquired in my safe in the last 3 years, the money may come to the forefront. But that's not fish related :D

This thread has me rolling on the floor and my husband looking more sane by the minute!

My hubby is making me spring-clean the house before I am allowed to set up my first aquarium. (my 12 yo has a 5 gal but that's in his room). TG I found a 55 gal and stand on Craigslist for 1/2 the price of new, even with the sale at Petco. After reading all this maybe he's not as irrational and controlling as I thought, lol.

Just be glad you don't have a drag racing habit as well. That gets expensive:D.

I find that my wife is pretty supportive through all of my ventures. The tank is one of them. She likes it too so I think I'll survive :eek:. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom