Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by HUKIT
I picked up two more 40B's and my wife helped me carry them, I think after 17 years of marriage she's given up to fighting this.
Leadership is still in your toolbox...

Smile, it makes folks think that you're up to something.

Deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:54 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Freak
That was a good laugh right there

dollabill420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 01:52 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
I catch some words every time I go to town because I am always buying tanks and stuff aquarium related she just rolls her eyes when I head for my pet store cause it's like the show "cheers" where everybody knows your name lol and phone number when new stock comes in and how many tanks I have and which still have room left in them lol sad I know but I have to cool my jets cause we have 9 tanks now and she told me no more after 2
My biggest worry is that when I'm dead my wife will sell my aquarium gear for what I "SAID" I paid for it.
barterking85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:43 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Regular
The money is a part of it for her but it's mostly the space I take up with tanks. But I got to thinking. If she only knew what all I have acquired in my safe in the last 3 years, the money may come to the forefront. But that's not fish related
Termitehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:59 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak
This thread has me rolling on the floor and my husband looking more sane by the minute!

My hubby is making me spring-clean the house before I am allowed to set up my first aquarium. (my 12 yo has a 5 gal but that's in his room). TG I found a 55 gal and stand on Craigslist for 1/2 the price of new, even with the sale at Petco. After reading all this maybe he's not as irrational and controlling as I thought, lol.
FishieMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just be glad you don't have a drag racing habit as well. That gets expensive.

I find that my wife is pretty supportive through all of my ventures. The tank is one of them. She likes it too so I think I'll survive .

60g planted/ Anubius, anubias, amazon swords, giant hairgrass, micro sword, mondo grass, java fern. 6 tiger barbs, 6 albino tigers, 10 glowlight, 4 rummy noses, 14 blk neons, 14 neons, 3 otocinclus, 2 ghost cats, 4 peppered corys.
Jammer89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com