Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Gonna get in trouble now....

Probably going to be in trouble for this one. I went to Petco today and was intending on getting a 40B for my son's Bearded Dragon. $40 is a great price right?

Well I bought 2. One for me. And I don't even have a good inclination as to what to put in it. But I'll figure that part out fairly fast

My wife is going to have some "words" for me for that one.

Anyone else here catch flack from your significant other because of your hobby? I hate to be alone in this one, LOL!

Old 07-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Spend her money on them? Lol

Old 07-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nope, you're not alone.

I bought a 40b from petco too and my GF told me that's going in the garage lol .

The 10g for her puffers live feeders is another issue all together lol.

She'll let me get a 55g to upgrade our DT, but they're too narrow for my liking so we'll see since I have till 7/16 to decide.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I picked up two more 40B's and my wife helped me carry them, I think after 17 years of marriage she's given up to fighting this.

HUKIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollabill420 View Post
Spend her money on them? Lol
Oh no! I don't have a death wish! I can stand a night or 2 on the couch but I can't afford to lose any body parts. heh heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUKIT View Post
I picked up two more 40B's and my wife helped me carry them, I think after 17 years of marriage she's given up to fighting this.
Thatle be the day

When we get our new house in 9 months how am I going to explain the new 300 gal that's going next to the 180? LOL! I may record that conversation and have it released if something happens to me.
I don't like teeing of my Sicilian bride, but **** it! If it's what I love to do, I'm going to do it.......I hope......

And Mr L. That argument has already taken place. It was a close one but I don't have a tank in the garage..... yet
Old 07-03-2011, 04:03 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Bahaha nice
Old 07-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
I think 3 tanks in my household is enough .... The 75 I have now, the 55 (and stand) I just inherited from a next door neighbors that's moving .. not set up yet. And my future 120. After that .... Any others and that's when she'll want to have that talk.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

My wife thinks I'm crazy for getting back into the hobby, but considering the tank is "for my 9 month old daughter", she couldn't argue much. She was the one that suggested we go to the aquarium and when she saw how my daughter reacted to seeing fish swim around, that opened the door for me! I'm pretty frugal with my money though so I won't spend much unless I really need to.

Edit: She also doesn't really have a full understanding of how much work this hobby will take, I'm sure in a few months time she'll start to get on my case!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #9
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

My husband pretty much supports my hobby to a point. If seems that with 14 tanks we have hit the tank limit. He says we have no more wall space for tanks, I say we still have plenty of non-tanked space.

We still have the computer room (0 tanks), the living room (1 tank), spare bedroom (1 tank), basement family room (7 tanks) but who needs a couch right?

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to jcolon Send a message via Skype™ to jcolon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termitehunter View Post

When we get our new house in 9 months how am I going to explain the new 300 gal that's going next to the 180? LOL! I may record that conversation and have it released if something happens to me.
Good luck on your house!

How you go about explaining the need for a 300gal is up to you. You can try explaining it can double as an indoor pool .. albiet a small one? Maybe make sure that day all the knives, guns, cast iron pots & pans are no where in sight. Good luck on that one too!!

Tags
trouble

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com