Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-18-2005, 05:18 PM   #11
RoK
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to RoK Send a message via MSN to RoK
Rudy you really need to watch what you're posting. You can get in some trouble.

I play a game called Savage, it's very good but not many people know about it. It combines strategy and shooters into one game. Some info: http://www.gamershell.com/news/3602.html (this is a good gaming site that has forums also)
It's now free because the makers signed over the game to someone else and they decided to make it free for the public. It WILL ask for a cd key but any 20 letter and/or number code will work. For example: 0000-0000-0000-0000-0000
If anyone's interested let me know.

Current fish (includes all 3 running tanks): Polypterids, severums (of which I raised from eggs), gouramis, plecos (gold spot ones & a gurupa), loaches (zebras, yoyos, & a kubotai), macculocchi spotted silver dollars, an African butterfly fish, & Ctenopomas (a leopard & an ansorgii)
Old 04-18-2005, 05:34 PM   #12

your only in trouble if you get caught and plus do you know that only a number of people like 10,000 people only know about it and plus i cannot get in trouble because i do not download the music or the movies the games, they come with the manuel from there and the games you cannot get in trouble with

Old 04-18-2005, 06:01 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
Quote:
PC games I take it. The gaming forum I listed has forums for all the major consoles and PC's I belive.
Ya Pc. and The forum does have some good stuff in it. Thanks.

Quote:
nice stats. but you definitely gotta do sumtin about those cables! Get yourself to radio-shack (or newegg.com) and buy some wire, solder, shrink tubing and some cable sheathes and clean that mess up! You shouldn't see any power cables! Things that plug into the MB ard harder to hide, and you've got good lookin cables, just re-route and bunch them so it's not so much spaghetti! Wink
there nice cables and all, but only one is the right length, the short one, and only one short one. The rest are all too long, and have to be looped around. I was think along the same lines as you, but I was going to try and get some reg power cables in a sheath. But If I can make them to the right length myself, that sounds better.

Quote:
and if you want to seriously think about oc'ing, look into liquid cooling. You'll be much safer. And be sure you have trustworthy thermocouple and temperature monitors. That is THE death of an overclocked machine, too much heat.
I was looking into some of the stuff at danger den. and the kits usualy cool the cpu and some the cpu and vga chipset. wouldn't I want to cool those plus the MB chipset and Ram, and HD. I put together a custom kit and it came to 500. but I could start buyin one peice at a time. I did buy some Ram Heatspreaders, and a northbridge cooler (HD) that hopefully fits without colliding with my Vid card.

Quote:
Anyways! Just doom eh? come on buddy get into the spirit of gaming man!
I'm just getting started with pc games, I'll get more. Gotta Munch down my jucie Cheesburger and fries, with double chocolate cake for desert.

your probly younger than me, gotta teach these old fingers to use a keyboard and mouse without looking. might go looking for a gamepad.

Any how, I wanted to see if i can get my fsb up to about 400, but didn't want to start my ram on fire. 8O
Old 04-18-2005, 07:13 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

if it were me and money wasn't an object. I would have liquid cooling for everything. but money (and practicality) are usualy factors Therefore, I would most likely set up a system that used liquid cooling for the CPU and Video processor. In gaming, these are your serious workhorses. I would look into a case that has plent of vent access for additional fans, and would probalby custom fit at least one on the side of the case taking in air directly over the ram and MB chipset. This is also where cabling can help. Besides just good looks, a clean cable job promots free airflow in the box and can REALLY help with keeping things cool.

Rudy: you posted that link on a public message board. There are no restrictions on who see's the pages. These pages also show up on google searches so if you are really worried about people finding things like that, you shouldn't post them here. And as far as only getting into trouble if you get caught; does that make it ok to do things that are bad as long as you don't get caught? If you say yes.. then that means it's ok to electricute puppies as long as no-one knows about it. An extreem example, but I hope you see my point.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:41 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
Quote:
Rudy: you posted that link on a public message board.
Right. If no one should know about it then pehaps you should edit out the link. I am greatfull for the effort, but I pay to download music, and buy any games/movies/ and software I need from best buy.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:43 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

I was strickin between choosing this case and the xblade. Perhaps I will look into it
Old 04-18-2005, 07:55 PM   #17
RoK
Aquarium Advice Addict

So I'm guessing you're not interested in that game I was talking about ReefRaff?
Current fish (includes all 3 running tanks): Polypterids, severums (of which I raised from eggs), gouramis, plecos (gold spot ones & a gurupa), loaches (zebras, yoyos, & a kubotai), macculocchi spotted silver dollars, an African butterfly fish, & Ctenopomas (a leopard & an ansorgii)
Old 04-18-2005, 08:05 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

sure. i just don't want to download anything illegal. you said it wasn't so sure. i'm sorry I had to go back and read your post. i must have missed it.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:34 PM   #19
RoK
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefRaff
sure. i just don't want to download anything illegal. you said it wasn't so sure.
It is not illegal at all. 1 piece of proof is the fact that the download link is right from the official creators site and that now, unlike before, you can use any number/letter combo as long as it's the 20 characters.
I don't understand what you mean by "you said it wasn't so sure"?

Download

Something that's kind of cool is that I submitted some news to that site and got credited. Here's the link: http://www.gamershell.com/news/18846.html
My name is there (next to the smily face) with a link to my gaming clan's site.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:36 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Rach101
Starcraft broowdwars, or any blizzard game for that matter. Specially bw, their not so great on the graphics but their awesome strategy games! plus they'll work your fingers, n there is multiplayer . SC is 10 bucks, the expansion is only bout ten more.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com