Good Gaming Forums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReefRaff

Aquarium Advice Addict
Was wondering if any hardcore overclockerz here, and if they knew of a good Gaming/hardware/oc'z Forum I could join. I experemented for about 5 min. and I couldn't tell you if it made a diff or not. I returned it back to normal. I would prefer to get more info on the subject first. The two I have found so far were either not home or don't read the emails. lol

I know there are some PC Gammerz here. help a bro out. LOL this is still the best forum for getting answers OT or not.

System Specs:
MB: ASUS K8N-E DELUXE NF3 RTL 250GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 bit 3400+
Vid: ATI Radeon Sapphire X800 Pro 250 GB
Mem: Kingston 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 X2 (1gb)
HD: Maxtor 250 GB SATA
PSU: Ultra UV Xconnect 500W w/modular Cables
Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu LED CPU Cooler.

:twisted: Thanks!

Attachments

• picture_006_945.jpg
    picture_006_945.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 75
  • picture_007_176.jpg
    picture_007_176.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 57
  • picture_009s.jpg
    picture_009s.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 72
Nice pc specs there. At work now, but got a lot of sites bookmarked at home, I'll post some of them tonight. If you don't know www.tomshardware.com, go take a look there. Great site for any revies, tweaks etc.

http://www.hard-ocp.com if its still around was a forum I used to frequent a few years back when I was into that kind of stuff. As far as gaming I would suggest http://www.xgpgaming.com

thanks guys, i'll chk these site's out.

what kind of gaming are we talkin about now..?

Well I only have doom3 right now, but games like that. I want to try splintercell, and nascar 2005.

0X

PC games I take it. The gaming forum I listed has forums for all the major consoles and PC's I belive.

nice stats. but you definitely gotta do sumtin about those cables! Get yourself to radio-shack (or newegg.com) and buy some wire, solder, shrink tubing and some cable sheathes and clean that mess up! You shouldn't see any power cables! Things that plug into the MB ard harder to hide, and you've got good lookin cables, just re-route and bunch them so it's not so much spaghetti! :wink:

and if you want to seriously think about oc'ing, look into liquid cooling. You'll be much safer. And be sure you have trustworthy thermocouple and temperature monitors. That is THE death of an overclocked machine, too much heat.

I've been outta the "game" for a while, but that's my $.02

well this si a site that no one knows about and when i say no one, i mean no one you guys cannot tell anyone about this site you shouldnt download any movies or music since they can get you in trouble for that

im serious guys, the only way i found out about this site is because i was invited to know about it so do not tell anyone!!!!!!!

that site is pretty much self explanitory, carries many, many video games for ps2 ps1 psx dreamcast saturn genesis nintendo super nintendo gamegear gameboy gameboy advance gameboy color and you understand :roll: :mrgreen:

hope you all love this site as much as i do

*EDIT* took out the link

Illegal ness rudy! Sides.. whats the use of getting the game if you cant read the manuels..s sniff them... rub them against your face... sleep with them under your pillow..... Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyways! Just doom eh? come on buddy get into the spirit of gaming man! Im a girl and I game so much its rediculos.. really..Anyways. Doom 3.. not much i can do with that..... Now if you want to know about really good pc games that are worth the money, i can help ya there :wink: (( not that doom isnt worth the money.))
Your on your way with Splintercell

Rudy you really need to watch what you're posting. You can get in some trouble.

I play a game called Savage, it's very good but not many people know about it. It combines strategy and shooters into one game. Some info: http://www.gamershell.com/news/3602.html (this is a good gaming site that has forums also)
It's now free because the makers signed over the game to someone else and they decided to make it free for the public. It WILL ask for a cd key but any 20 letter and/or number code will work. For example: 0000-0000-0000-0000-0000
If anyone's interested let me know.

your only in trouble if you get caught and plus do you know that only a number of people like 10,000 people only know about it and plus i cannot get in trouble because i do not download the music or the movies the games, they come with the manuel from there and the games you cannot get in trouble with

PC games I take it. The gaming forum I listed has forums for all the major consoles and PC's I belive.

Ya Pc. and The forum does have some good stuff in it. Thanks.

nice stats. but you definitely gotta do sumtin about those cables! Get yourself to radio-shack (or newegg.com) and buy some wire, solder, shrink tubing and some cable sheathes and clean that mess up! You shouldn't see any power cables! Things that plug into the MB ard harder to hide, and you've got good lookin cables, just re-route and bunch them so it's not so much spaghetti! Wink

there nice cables and all, but only one is the right length, the short one, and only one short one. The rest are all too long, and have to be looped around. I was think along the same lines as you, but I was going to try and get some reg power cables in a sheath. But If I can make them to the right length myself, that sounds better.

and if you want to seriously think about oc'ing, look into liquid cooling. You'll be much safer. And be sure you have trustworthy thermocouple and temperature monitors. That is THE death of an overclocked machine, too much heat.

I was looking into some of the stuff at danger den. and the kits usualy cool the cpu and some the cpu and vga chipset. wouldn't I want to cool those plus the MB chipset and Ram, and HD. I put together a custom kit and it came to 500. but I could start buyin one peice at a time. I did buy some Ram Heatspreaders, and a northbridge cooler (HD) that hopefully fits without colliding with my Vid card.

Anyways! Just doom eh? come on buddy get into the spirit of gaming man!

I'm just getting started with pc games, I'll get more. Gotta Munch down my jucie Cheesburger and fries, with double chocolate cake for desert. :mrgreen:

your probly younger than me, gotta teach these old fingers to use a keyboard and mouse without looking. might go looking for a gamepad.

Any how, I wanted to see if i can get my fsb up to about 400, but didn't want to start my ram on fire. 8O

if it were me and money wasn't an object. I would have liquid cooling for everything. but money (and practicality) are usualy factors :) Therefore, I would most likely set up a system that used liquid cooling for the CPU and Video processor. In gaming, these are your serious workhorses. I would look into a case that has plent of vent access for additional fans, and would probalby custom fit at least one on the side of the case taking in air directly over the ram and MB chipset. This is also where cabling can help. Besides just good looks, a clean cable job promots free airflow in the box and can REALLY help with keeping things cool.

Rudy: you posted that link on a public message board. There are no restrictions on who see's the pages. These pages also show up on google searches so if you are really worried about people finding things like that, you shouldn't post them here. And as far as only getting into trouble if you get caught; does that make it ok to do things that are bad as long as you don't get caught? If you say yes.. then that means it's ok to electricute puppies as long as no-one knows about it. An extreem example, but I hope you see my point.

Rudy: you posted that link on a public message board.

Right. If no one should know about it then pehaps you should edit out the link. I am greatfull for the effort, but I pay to download music, and buy any games/movies/ and software I need from best buy.

So I'm guessing you're not interested in that game I was talking about ReefRaff?

sure. i just don't want to download anything illegal. you said it wasn't so sure. i'm sorry I had to go back and read your post. i must have missed it.

ReefRaff said:
sure. i just don't want to download anything illegal. you said it wasn't so sure.

It is not illegal at all. 1 piece of proof is the fact that the download link is right from the official creators site and that now, unlike before, you can use any number/letter combo as long as it's the 20 characters.
I don't understand what you mean by "you said it wasn't so sure"?

Download

Something that's kind of cool is that I submitted some news to that site and got credited. Here's the link: http://www.gamershell.com/news/18846.html
My name is there (next to the smily face) with a link to my gaming clan's site. :)

Starcraft broowdwars, or any blizzard game for that matter. Specially bw, their not so great on the graphics but their awesome strategy games! plus they'll work your fingers, n there is multiplayer . SC is 10 bucks, the expansion is only bout ten more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom