Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-17-2005, 12:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
Good Gaming Forums?

Was wondering if any hardcore overclockerz here, and if they knew of a good Gaming/hardware/oc'z Forum I could join. I experemented for about 5 min. and I couldn't tell you if it made a diff or not. I returned it back to normal. I would prefer to get more info on the subject first. The two I have found so far were either not home or don't read the emails. lol

I know there are some PC Gammerz here. help a bro out. LOL this is still the best forum for getting answers OT or not.

System Specs:
MB: ASUS K8N-E DELUXE NF3 RTL 250GB
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 bit 3400+
Vid: ATI Radeon Sapphire X800 Pro 250 GB
Mem: Kingston 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 X2 (1gb)
HD: Maxtor 250 GB SATA
PSU: Ultra UV Xconnect 500W w/modular Cables
Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu LED CPU Cooler.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	picture_009s.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	1961   Click image for larger version

Name:	picture_007_176.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	1962  

Click image for larger version

Name:	picture_006_945.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1963  

Old 04-17-2005, 12:38 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ReefRaff Send a message via MSN to ReefRaff Send a message via Yahoo to ReefRaff
oh, the cabling kind of sucks, i'm thinkng of finding somthing more flexable. these are mostly all too long. :|

Old 04-17-2005, 12:46 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
http://www.hard-ocp.com if its still around was a forum I used to frequent a few years back when I was into that kind of stuff. As far as gaming I would suggest http://www.xgpgaming.com

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:15 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Nice pc specs there. At work now, but got a lot of sites bookmarked at home, I'll post some of them tonight. If you don't know www.tomshardware.com, go take a look there. Great site for any revies, tweaks etc.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:25 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Rach101
what kind of gaming are we talkin about now..?
Old 04-18-2005, 07:47 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Nice pc specs there. At work now, but got a lot of sites bookmarked at home, I'll post some of them tonight. If you don't know www.tomshardware.com, go take a look there. Great site for any revies, tweaks etc.
Quote:
http://www.hard-ocp.com if its still around was a forum I used to frequent a few years back when I was into that kind of stuff. As far as gaming I would suggest http://www.xgpgaming.com
thanks guys, i'll chk these site's out.

Quote:
what kind of gaming are we talkin about now..?
Well I only have doom3 right now, but games like that. I want to try splintercell, and nascar 2005.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:53 AM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
PC games I take it. The gaming forum I listed has forums for all the major consoles and PC's I belive.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:57 AM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

nice stats. but you definitely gotta do sumtin about those cables! Get yourself to radio-shack (or newegg.com) and buy some wire, solder, shrink tubing and some cable sheathes and clean that mess up! You shouldn't see any power cables! Things that plug into the MB ard harder to hide, and you've got good lookin cables, just re-route and bunch them so it's not so much spaghetti!

and if you want to seriously think about oc'ing, look into liquid cooling. You'll be much safer. And be sure you have trustworthy thermocouple and temperature monitors. That is THE death of an overclocked machine, too much heat.

I've been outta the "game" for a while, but that's my $.02
Old 04-18-2005, 02:38 PM   #9

well this si a site that no one knows about and when i say no one, i mean no one you guys cannot tell anyone about this site you shouldnt download any movies or music since they can get you in trouble for that

im serious guys, the only way i found out about this site is because i was invited to know about it so do not tell anyone!!!!!!!

that site is pretty much self explanitory, carries many, many video games for ps2 ps1 psx dreamcast saturn genesis nintendo super nintendo gamegear gameboy gameboy advance gameboy color and you understand

hope you all love this site as much as i do

*EDIT* took out the link

Old 04-18-2005, 04:23 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Rach101
Illegal ness rudy! Sides.. whats the use of getting the game if you cant read the manuels..s sniff them... rub them against your face... sleep with them under your pillow..... Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyways! Just doom eh? come on buddy get into the spirit of gaming man! Im a girl and I game so much its rediculos.. really..Anyways. Doom 3.. not much i can do with that..... Now if you want to know about really good pc games that are worth the money, i can help ya there (( not that doom isnt worth the money.))
Your on your way with Splintercell

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com