Good PC games?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, there has been a mysterious blizzard loader in the background. its a rumor'd pre-patch, making us think this tuesday might bring 1.11 and the new cold based 40man instance.

I played WoW, lvld 60 on Aliance (NE Hunter, of course) and Horde (Undead Mage, that ROCKED!).... .... but left after the PvP battleground zones came out... I just couldnt fathom wasting any more of my wasted time waiting to get in just to chase a dog with a flag.... TM PvP was about as good as it got. /cry

Now.. Im back to EQ2, waiting for the next expansion that comes like clockwork.

Oblivion is a good middle of the road solution... has all the flavor of RPG's without the obligation you get into with 'real' people. No need to explain why you have been gone a week, or try to convince a raid of players that you have to have help killing [MOB OVERLORD EPIC X4] because he drops an uber rare something or other.

Besides... Kurt Schilling plays..... :eek:

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/news_archive.vm?id=796&section=News&month=current

Sig~~~ MIA

Rach101 said:
World of Warcraft- Be sure to read the warning before you decide to pick it up. Here.. Got my copy. I'll type it for you

WoW- Warning may cause Insomnia, lack of hygiene, Amnesia, itching, as well as many other things. There has been serious but rare cases of stroke, heart attack, and colon cancer. Please consult a doctor to find out if Blizzard's world of warcraft is alright for you.

There, had to intervene lest I be charged with depraved indifference.

Its true...somewhere I have a couple of CGI pics of a computer screen playing WoW and a little clock on top that reads "Hours without human contact: 86:23:15" Those MMOs are worse than crank.

malkore said:
FYI, there has been a mysterious blizzard loader in the background. its a rumor'd pre-patch, making us think this tuesday might bring 1.11 and the new cold based 40man instance.

Aye, I've been letting mine run and the size of the download went from 97 megs to 127 middle of last week. That really does hint that the patch is going to be soon. I'll be crossing my fingers for tomorrow, but I won't be holding my breath :)

btw, the wife and I had a good time in MC last night. I owe you folks for a few Fire Prot potions. I'll try and bring my own next time! or did the lack of our success rule out a next time for us? :wink:

Toirtis said:
Those MMOs are worse than crank.
They are certainly addictive. But they're addictive for the same reason AquariumAdvice is. Lots of fun with a lot of social interaction.

Billy,

You guys didn't do anything wrong. We've taken Rags down about 6 times since we've been large enough to raid him and learned the strategies. We had a lot of first timers last night besides you two, and we woulda gone another round and likely won, had we not lost our soulstone due to bad timing of its use. We'd have to corpse run back and then fight another 30 mins to get to Rags' den, and he woulda despawned, so back up to fight Major Domo again (he summons Rags).

Next time we run and need people and yer on, expect a /whisper. We also OFTEN need people for Onyxia fight, so work on that attunement if you don't have it ;)

Seepu,

I've been playing WoW since the beginning, and I've yet to enter a battleground. Heck I only have 5 honor kills from random 1on1 pvp encounters in the wild. I'm more of a loot and rep. junky, and spend more of my time just raiding and farming and hanging out with the guildies. If you've been gone awhile, it might be worth coming back to see the new content.
I am positively drooling over the expansion, which we're thinking will be around for Christmas this year.

Its true...somewhere I have a couple of CGI pics of a computer screen playing WoW and a little clock on top that reads "Hours without human contact: 86:23:15" Those MMOs are worse than crank.

Lol! I think the worst I have gone is 42 hours of pure WoW, ended up falling asleep at the keys. ;o I'm not addicted or anything

Yes I am. Help me.

The Sims 2 is alot of fun. If you like the CSI shows, their games are good. Very addicting though.

I have the 3rd Rollar Coaster Tycoon. Its alot better...3D and pretty cool. Its not the best game ever though.

I am more for the adventure RPG stuff like CSI, the Watchmaker, Post Mortem, Syberia, etc...it just seems that I rarely have time to play.

The new DaVinci Code PC game is supposed to be very detailed and complex, and very difficult, too.

Rome is one of the most expansive and incredible games I've ever played. I'm also extremely partial to CounterStrike as well which I play way too much.

I've kind of lost my taste for the first person shooter games. I've been playing them since Wolfenstien which i got on 5 1/4 floppies. So to me, the graphics keep getting better, but it's all pretty much the same thing.

CSI was fun, my wife and I enjoyed playing that together. Which reminds me, if you're a fan of brain teasers and puzzle games, look at the Myst series. Very fun, very challenging games. My wife and I loved playing those together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom