Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-26-2005, 10:26 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by Blazeherd2306
I have one

2 people were found dead in a cabin on the side of a mountain. How did they die?
I'm no genius but there can't possibly be one "right" answer to that question.

Old 09-26-2005, 10:47 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict
You're right.

Well, I'll give you a clue. Cabin is the important word in this brain teaser.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:11 AM   #33
why is the cabin on the side of the mountain. could the reason they are dead be that the cabin fell off the top of the mountain.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:18 AM   #34
Mr. funktastic good riddle with the two doors that one is going to take some thinking because I never herd it before, but will try to give you an answere back.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:23 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict
Plane crash
Old 09-27-2005, 03:19 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to Andos99
Forest fire
If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to have time to do it over.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:20 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict
they are lying on the bottom of the mountain because the side they fell off of was the side on the edge of the cliff.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:02 AM   #38
Mr funktastic, I believe I can answere the question to the two door problem. Now this may not be the exact answere for the riddle but it will work. Boy I like this one, this darn thing took awhile. The problem I was having was any question I asked to the doors about themselves wouldn't work because it would turn into a he said she said type thing. However the trick was that you had to ask the doors about something else that did not pertain to them and that you know was true. So my question that would let me into the city of truth would be "Door's, Am I standing in front of you". The door of truth would say yes because it only speaks the truth, and the door of lies would say no because it only speaks lies. That is how to get threw the doors.
Once again this probably isn't the normal answere for this question but it gets you threw the right one.

I got a really good one now but I will have to post it later gotta run.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:13 AM   #39
AA Team Emeritus
Originally Posted by mr funktastic
You approach two talking doors. One door leads to the City of Truth, while the other door leads to the City of Liars. You do not know which door is which. You are able to ask only one question to determine which door is which. The door that leads to the City of Liars always speaks lies, while the door that leads to the City of Truth always speaks the truth. You want to go to the City of Truth. What question do you ask to determine which door leads to the City of Truth.
I have a couple answers.

The first I thought of was, "I tell them my name, then I ask them what my name is."

The door of truth will speak my name, the door lies will speak another name.

The second was, "Can you talk?"
The door of truth must say yes, the door of lies must say no.

[edit]Doh! thats what I get for hitting "quote" and leaving the screen up while I come up with an answer! lol. I was having the same dilema as lemon and came to the same conclusion as well. You have to ask them about something other than themselves. a good riddle, I enjoyed it.[/edit]
Acronyms and Abbreviations
Old 09-27-2005, 11:22 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict
I think I remember those two doors from the labyrinth movie with david bowie. And as far as how the people died......they died in a cabin on the side of a mountain? :P

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com