Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-14-2005, 10:23 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

You wouldn't be the only one on this board without a tank.

Old 02-14-2005, 10:29 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to lmw80 Send a message via MSN to lmw80 Send a message via Yahoo to lmw80
I understand first hand parents that "keep" their children from enjoying something they love. They should be thankful you want to spend your time on fish and not drugs. When I lived with my parents (I was 23-24) I was only allowed to have a 10 gallon - after a year of fighting and a major raise at work, they let me get a 20 long. Now I live with my boyfriend and we have a 46, 20 and 16.

Please don't give up!

Aquariums are like jello - there's always room for more.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:41 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hey Rudy....would they let you have a small tank if it didnt cost you a lot, if anything? I have some older used things that are sitting in boxes collecting dust. I can chip in a filter (Aquaclear 150) and maybe some other things. Lets see....I dont have anything expensive or nice, but just some junk that would be useful for a small tank...a filter, an old 50 watt heater (it works), a screw in style compact flourescent 10 watt 6700K bulb. I dont know how expensive it would be to ship, but I dont imagine it could cost much. I/d be willing to send them to you free of charge provided someone else could send you some other things that youll need. I dont know if its cost effective to send a small tank through mail, but Im sure someones done it before. What if I were to pitch in ten bucks for a Petsmart or Walmart gift card? You could pick up a ten gallon tank for that. What say you? Anyone else?

She left me before we met.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:55 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

I am sure I have some stuff I could chip in - I have a bin of equipment that has been upgraded over the years- so I'd be happy to help if Rudy wants to give it a shot.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:57 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That sounds great. When your done with that, why not let me look through your bin of stuff?? You dont have any plants you need to get rid of yet, do ya?

Old 02-14-2005, 11:02 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Rudy,

Please don't go. As has been said before you are a very important part of this community.

Quote:
What if I were to pitch in ten bucks for a Petsmart or Walmart gift card
If a few of us get together and pitch in 5 or 10 bux a piece then Rudy could get the 29 gal and then his parents would not a spent a cent . But instead of everyone sending him a 5 or 10 buck gift card do we need to pool it and get RR to send it out as one?

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 02-14-2005, 11:05 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Im in for 10 bucks if his parents will go for it. I can send it paypal to someone if they want to start a pool. I just want to be sure he gets it.

Old 02-14-2005, 11:06 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I woner how many donations it would take for me to get my 90 gallon corner reef tank?? :P

Old 02-15-2005, 12:00 AM   #19
Rudy_627

thank you all i think i will stay and thank you for the suggestion about donating to me

you dont have to. thanks anyways

well guys i have homework and im gonna go do that before my parents hollar at me for not getting it done

(still staying thanks everyone)

Old 02-15-2005, 12:00 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
lol @youronlysin

I think you can order giftcards online... if a fund were to be started.. it could be sent to one person via paypal and that person buys and sends the giftcard to rudy

I guess if everyone could make a list of what could be sent (equipment wise) we can figure out what he needs at petsmart and then come up with an idea of how much would be needed for him to start an aquarium or something

BUT this should only be done once we know the parents reasoning *nod*

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com