Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-14-2005, 07:33 PM   #1

Hey everyone

thank you for all your help i am leaving this website and giving up fish(sadly as it is) as bad as it is

i am never getting my first fish tank because of my parents they wont let me get one

so i am giving up all my hopes and dreams of owning a fish tank and anything and everything that has to do with fish

i thank everyone who helped me but since i dont know how to delete my account it will be UNUSED from now on

i thank you all for helping me

Goodbye, Sincerely

Rudy(a.k.a. Andrew)
Old 02-14-2005, 07:38 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Awwww, sorry to hear that Rudy. But, that doesn't mean you have to leave. There will be a day where you can get your tank, it's just gonna take you longer. I hope you reconsider. Take care.

Old 02-14-2005, 07:39 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Don't give up - you have the entire rest of your life (such a small portion of it spent in our parent's house, when you look at the long-term) to devote to keeping fish, so never give up.

I am sorry your plans are being nixed for now, but you'll get years and years to keep fish in the not too distant future.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
I'll second the fact that you don't need an aquarium to participate. Heck, I was an advisor here before I actually had an aquarium to call my own.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:04 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Can yo u not save up ur allowence and get a small 3-10gal set up for less than $50

In the summer you could mow lawns or something for extra cash

Don't give up on it! Just plan more hehe

Old 02-14-2005, 08:05 PM   #6
i dont mow lawns and i dont get an allowence

i guess my parents have something against me im going to go be depressed for a LONG while
Old 02-14-2005, 08:07 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
Aww don't be depressed!!
Do you not have *any* spare cash?
Maybe you should start mowing lawns, or ask politly if you could do some extra stuff around the house for money

and save up that way *nod*

Is there any reason they didn't get the 29gal for you?

Old 02-14-2005, 08:40 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
I agree, hang out. Learn some more....you will get a tank someday.
Besides, you have been a nice addition to the site.
I got a spare 10 gallon if you want it.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:14 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm sorry to hear that too, but I hope you stick around - you'll eventually get an aquarium if you really want one, and there's alot you can learn, even if you don't have any fish right now. Besides, the lounge is always a fun place to hang out online.

I think parents nix things like fish tanks because they believe that you'll lose interest in maintaining it, and they'll get stuck doing it. To overcome this problem, you have to start thinking like the kid in A Christmas Story. Right now, your parents' brains are stuck in the 'no' position, so I wouldn't mention the aquarium for at least two weeks - nagging will only aggravate them, and hurt your cause. During this time do things that will show them that you're responsible - helping around the house, doing your homework promptly, babysitting siblings, taking care of the dog/cat - stuff like that - without having to be told several times. Then, in two weeks see if you can strike a bargain with them - for example if you get better grades, could you get an aquarium for graduation, or for your birthday.

If your parents have any friends or relatives with aquariums who live nearby, you could volunteer to change the water in their tank every week - that would prove to your parents that you're motivated AND responsible. Good luck!
Old 02-14-2005, 09:23 PM   #10
AA Team Emeritus
Rudy...I'm hoping you get this. This is a personal appeal to you. You don't have to leave and I mean that sincerely. As all of the other members have said, you have been a welcome addition to the board.

I know it is hurting you now. You've posted about your enthusiasm and I was excited myself.

If you've seen the post by QS, believe me...he means that.

Stick around...you are most welcome here.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com