Goodbye.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rudy_627

Hey everyone

thank you for all your help i am leaving this website and giving up fish(sadly as it is) as bad as it is

i am never getting my first fish tank because of my parents they wont let me get one

so i am giving up all my hopes and dreams of owning a fish tank and anything and everything that has to do with fish

i thank everyone who helped me but since i dont know how to delete my account it will be UNUSED from now on

i thank you all for helping me

Goodbye, Sincerely

Rudy(a.k.a. Andrew)

Awwww, sorry to hear that Rudy. But, that doesn't mean you have to leave. There will be a day where you can get your tank, it's just gonna take you longer. I hope you reconsider. Take care. :(

Don't give up - you have the entire rest of your life (such a small portion of it spent in our parent's house, when you look at the long-term) to devote to keeping fish, so never give up.

I am sorry your plans are being nixed for now, but you'll get years and years to keep fish in the not too distant future.

I'll second the fact that you don't need an aquarium to participate. Heck, I was an advisor here before I actually had an aquarium to call my own.

Can yo u not save up ur allowence and get a small 3-10gal set up for less than $50

In the summer you could mow lawns or something for extra cash

Don't give up on it! Just plan more hehe

i dont mow lawns and i dont get an allowence

i guess my parents have something against me im going to go be depressed for a LONG while

Aww don't be depressed!!
Do you not have *any* spare cash?
Maybe you should start mowing lawns, or ask politly if you could do some extra stuff around the house for money

and save up that way *nod*

Is there any reason they didn't get the 29gal for you?

I agree, hang out. Learn some more....you will get a tank someday.
Besides, you have been a nice addition to the site. :)
I got a spare 10 gallon if you want it.

I'm sorry to hear that too, but I hope you stick around - you'll eventually get an aquarium if you really want one, and there's alot you can learn, even if you don't have any fish right now. Besides, the lounge is always a fun place to hang out online.

I think parents nix things like fish tanks because they believe that you'll lose interest in maintaining it, and they'll get stuck doing it. To overcome this problem, you have to start thinking like the kid in A Christmas Story. Right now, your parents' brains are stuck in the 'no' position, so I wouldn't mention the aquarium for at least two weeks - nagging will only aggravate them, and hurt your cause. During this time do things that will show them that you're responsible - helping around the house, doing your homework promptly, babysitting siblings, taking care of the dog/cat - stuff like that - without having to be told several times. Then, in two weeks see if you can strike a bargain with them - for example if you get better grades, could you get an aquarium for graduation, or for your birthday.

If your parents have any friends or relatives with aquariums who live nearby, you could volunteer to change the water in their tank every week - that would prove to your parents that you're motivated AND responsible. Good luck!

Rudy...I'm hoping you get this. This is a personal appeal to you. You don't have to leave and I mean that sincerely. As all of the other members have said, you have been a welcome addition to the board.

I know it is hurting you now. You've posted about your enthusiasm and I was excited myself.

If you've seen the post by QS, believe me...he means that.

Stick around...you are most welcome here.

I understand first hand parents that "keep" their children from enjoying something they love. They should be thankful you want to spend your time on fish and not drugs. When I lived with my parents (I was 23-24) I was only allowed to have a 10 gallon - after a year of fighting and a major raise at work, they let me get a 20 long. Now I live with my boyfriend and we have a 46, 20 and 16.

Please don't give up!

Hey Rudy....would they let you have a small tank if it didnt cost you a lot, if anything? I have some older used things that are sitting in boxes collecting dust. I can chip in a filter (Aquaclear 150) and maybe some other things. Lets see....I dont have anything expensive or nice, but just some junk that would be useful for a small tank...a filter, an old 50 watt heater (it works), a screw in style compact flourescent 10 watt 6700K bulb. I dont know how expensive it would be to ship, but I dont imagine it could cost much. I/d be willing to send them to you free of charge provided someone else could send you some other things that youll need. I dont know if its cost effective to send a small tank through mail, but Im sure someones done it before. What if I were to pitch in ten bucks for a Petsmart or Walmart gift card? You could pick up a ten gallon tank for that. What say you? Anyone else?

I am sure I have some stuff I could chip in - I have a bin of equipment that has been upgraded over the years- so I'd be happy to help if Rudy wants to give it a shot. :D

That sounds great. When your done with that, why not let me look through your bin of stuff?? :lol: You dont have any plants you need to get rid of yet, do ya?

Rudy,

Please don't go. As has been said before you are a very important part of this community.

What if I were to pitch in ten bucks for a Petsmart or Walmart gift card

If a few of us get together and pitch in 5 or 10 bux a piece then Rudy could get the 29 gal and then his parents would not a spent a cent :mrgreen: . But instead of everyone sending him a 5 or 10 buck gift card do we need to pool it and get RR to send it out as one?

Im in for 10 bucks if his parents will go for it. I can send it paypal to someone if they want to start a pool. I just want to be sure he gets it.

thank you all i think i will stay and thank you for the suggestion about donating to me

you dont have to. thanks anyways

well guys i have homework and im gonna go do that before my parents hollar at me for not getting it done

(still staying :mrgreen: thanks everyone)

lol @youronlysin

I think you can order giftcards online... if a fund were to be started.. it could be sent to one person via paypal and that person buys and sends the giftcard to rudy

I guess if everyone could make a list of what could be sent (equipment wise) we can figure out what he needs at petsmart and then come up with an idea of how much would be needed for him to start an aquarium or something

BUT this should only be done once we know the parents reasoning *nod*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom