Google maps + Area 51

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nifty.

A link to area 51 (among other things) can be found here.

The markings are northwest of the base. Interesting. If I lived near the base and had lots of land, I would have some fun with it and make a big ol' alien landing strip. :lol:

Then again, you can see a road going to the center of the circles. It may be a target of some kind. Easy to see from an altitude plus it has a bullseye and a big number "3".

My guess is that it is a target. It is an AFB afterall.

No, if I had lots of land and lived out there, I would give all the UFO seekers something to wonder about.

Here is a neat picture of a commercial jet coming in for a landing over the water in Tampa.

And check out these SR-71 Blackbirds. Nice.

LOL... what's with the giant compass carved into the ground? that in case the aliens get lost? I especialy like how the 270 in the compass... didn't quite fit... so they squished the 2 and the 7 to make it fit (link here_

The link I posted in my first post in this thread has a lot of cool locations in it. Make sure you check out "dave" and "luecke".

The Satallite pictures on there have to be at least 2 years old. I looked up my university and they have built 3 new things since ive been there, none of which are on the the map whenever those pictures were taken

lyquidphyre said:
The Satallite pictures on there have to be at least 2 years old. I looked up my university and they have built 3 new things since ive been there, none of which are on the the map whenever those pictures were taken

yea, they flat out say that nothing is newer than 6 months. and most of it older than that

lyquidphyre said:
The Satallite pictures on there have to be at least 2 years old.

Quite...the ones of my area are no newer than 5 years, as I can see a school that was demolished in 2000 a couple of blocks from my home. I can, however, conclusively pick out my roof, the roof to my potting shed, and the big tree in front of my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom