Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-06-2007, 01:17 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Yes the presents are fun. :P :P Hopefully for your sake they will bring the Presents home with their heads still attached. 8O

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 08:01 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

I wish I was here to see this, but when I was moving house, I kept spud here at my mum's house, and she was allowed outdoors for the first time in her life, and she was so proud with her "present" that she brought back, and it just made me laugh when I heard about it, she brought back a live earthworm...

Old 09-06-2007, 09:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagz
Yes the presents are fun. :P :P Hopefully for your sake they will bring the Presents home with their heads still attached. 8O
It's funny that you said that. I got home from work today and found a mouse and a bird's head on my front step. He saw me get rid of them and I think he is shunning me.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:09 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillie
It's funny that you said that. I got home from work today and found a mouse and a bird's head on my front step. He saw me get rid of them and I think he is shunning me.
Best thing to do is to distract them with something (food or toys) and then get rid of the remains.

I remember when Spud wandered into my mum's with a dismembered rabbit's paw (I know they're supposed to be good luck but it had been dead for some time as rigger (stiffness) had definately set in a long while ago), she was very pleased with herself and kindly dropped it into my hand, then I pretended to throw it into the other room, and the dimwit followed the "invisible toy" and I quickly went outside and threw it over the fence into a nearby field and came back before she realised what had happened...

As I say, my cat's a bit dim, but I love her...
Old 09-07-2007, 09:28 PM   #15

I bought him a remote control mouse today he seems to be a bit happier. Although there was a chipmunk waiting for me today and when I went to take care of it he snatched it up and ran off with it.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:15 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Having been involved with animal rescue for years before I had my kids, a BIG KOUDOS TO YOU for taking the time to rescue him. I rescued my current cat and she's been the best pet EVER...good luck!
As for the rodent and pest patrol he may have been surviving on them before you were found by him. That may settle in time when he gets more comfortable...and fat! If you want to litter box train him, check to see where he's going in the yard and put an open box there with some of the...ahem...used dirt. In my case, Jezebel only uses her box in the winter when she's indoors more...otherwise, it's outside!
Post pics!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 01:23 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

I swear I heard a kitten meowing next to the railway line when I went to collect a parcel, but when I went back to look for it I couldn't hear or see it...

If I had found it, I'd have bundled it up into my jacket and took it to my mum's, then after a check for fleas and other nasties, take it home to Spud....
Old 09-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #18

Well the cat took off and disappeared for a few days , I looked everywhere for him and he came strolling back through the door like nothing ever happened. He also mauled my right hand while I was playng with him, and for those that know the story it was the same one that suffered a mauling by Piranha earlier this year. So far not a good year for my hand.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:25 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillie
Well the cat took off and disappeared for a few days , I looked everywhere for him and he came strolling back through the door like nothing ever happened. He also mauled my right hand while I was playng with him, and for those that know the story it was the same one that suffered a mauling by Piranha earlier this year. So far not a good year for my hand.
He probably went to check on his territory, most ferral cats will do. As for the mauling, my spud does that if I pat her belly, so I try not to do that!!! If you want him to get used to living at your house, the best thing to do is basically lock him in for a few weeks, that way he sees your house as his new territory and will prefer to stay there rather than wander off for a few days...

And having the same hand mauled by a Piranha, ouch!!! 8O
Old 09-16-2007, 12:45 AM   #20

I tried locking him in, but he goes ballistic and tears up the house. He's like a chainsaw with feet.

Ouch isn't even the word to describe it, even though the pain didn't come for a couple days. I was kind of wishing that it was a Pirahna attack again at least it was painless while it happened.

Tags
pics

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com