Got a job maintaining a tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
My girlfriends mum has a tank at her work its about 20gallons or so and they have 3 black Moores in there -_- I'm going to take them out and take them to my LFS and maybe just get some neon tetras or something maybe a few khuli loaches she works in a day care centre so we need some fairly active fish the tank is out of reach of the kids :) could you guys maybe give me a few ideas on it all for stocking? :)

Tetras are great - get a the same variety in groups of 8 - 10 for a 20 gallon. The common red and blue are smaller and would suit the tank better. 3 corycats, and a nerite snail. Maybe a few balloon mollies? If you don't want any breeding, make sure you buy the same sex for the mollies.

Have fun with your new job!

celestial pearl danios are cool!! so are rummy nose tetras! I'd do 8 celestial pearl danios with 5 kuhlis loaches just make sure you have caves for the kuhlis

I went in there to do the tank and I thought it only had 2 black Moores but found out there are 5 gold fish in there the tank was covered in algae and the water was brown but I think that may have been from the drift wood I'm leaving the gold fish in there till I can get a heater and stuff it's sorta hard at the moment tho because I'm only on like minimum wage and already look after my nano reef and my own freshwater tank I asked my LFS if they could donate a heater for the child care centre but they can't so ill be waiting to get some money from somewhere this is the tank mid cleaning I tried getting a shot after but the light was bad on my phone

Attachments

• image-2076163691.jpg
    image-2076163691.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 81
  • image-2394956558.jpg
    image-2394956558.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 95
I asked my LFS if they could donate a heater for the child care centre but they can't

Well they can but don't want to mate. Approach some other stores and see how you go. Worse case scenario they so no but I find most stores are very accommodating when it comes to donating items for an "educational" cause ;)

That's a good point actually ill get the lady who runs the centre to write up a letter and say they are doing it for educational purposes I put an ad on gumtree seeing of people have any heaters and stuff I got some guy why is selling bristlenose catfish for $2.50

This is what I got today from the kids at the day care centre

Attachments

• image-2373563604.jpg
    image-2373563604.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 66
  • image-1626226679.jpg
    image-1626226679.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom