Got an extra $5800 for a 15 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that's just ugly. :roll: If I had 5800 to spend on a tank i'd get my 125 and build it into my living room wall

Phwew....

I guess with all art, it is in the eye of the beholder. It doesn't scream $5800 to me, but I'm a good ol'e southern boy who wouldn't know good art if it hit him in the head.

:)

but I'm a good ol'e southern boy who wouldn't know good art if it hit him in the head.

Yea, that's for sure. I can't figure out why someone would want to put fish in something like that. Looks like it'd be a pain to work on.

Personally I find them pretty hideous. Maybe that's $5800 in Monopoly money!! Or maybe they just got the decimal in the wrong place and it should actually be $5.80!! :roll:

Now that is just plain ridiculous.

Or maybe the title of that artists's page should have been "there's a sucker born every minute"

or "A fool and his money......."

LOL 8O

Yeah, those are hideous! And the shipping costs, geez. Maybe it's supposed to be $ 5.80... That's what I'd pay for it.

looks like a piggy bank with the head cut off... I think that people that hold art parties with expensive food and a room full of snobs are not artists... not the ones I want to meet anyway... I think artists are the people you see drawing with chalk, or playing and instrument on the side of the road, just because they love it... For the amount of work that might have gone into those, i can see them not being cheap, but come on... my last car didn't cost that much... think of how many fish I could put in that... It did give me an idea though... made me think of one of those round windows in a ship. That would be cool in a wall. Just a round window or two so you could look at some fish... that would be interesting...

I've seen people put an aquarium inside an old television (one of the old console type with the wooden case). All they had to do was remove the insides and the round glass front and set the tank right inside. It looked really cool in place of a traditional t.v. and was much more relaxing to watch than all the violence and gore you see on network television.
-Mark

Interesting concept though. This idea, in the hands of some one that is truly creative (and not greedy), could be pretty cool.

$5800 - Yeah, Right!

Like Biggen - I don't know art when I see it, but I certainly know pretentious cr*p when I see it. I'm in the wrong business. - Frank/Guppyman

Oh, NO. That "tank" is hideous and NOT worth the money. It makes me think of those prints that people by for $2000 - they're duplicate pictures, not even the original, and yet still fetch that much money. Uhhh, NO. I don't think that's true artistry either. I like the porthole idea, and I've seen pictures of the TV tanks, but this . . . let's not talk about this!! If I had that much money, I'd buy a huge tank and set it up as a complete reef system (+ a wonderful protein skimmer, wet/dry filter, live rock live sand, corals, fish, heater, cabinet, you get the picture . . . ) certainly not some garage-sale reject or something. Although that may have been a little harsh. :wink:

They'd go nice in a SW motif..... but not at 5K! Call it art and charge. I sometimes think if I let my kid waste paint and canvas... claimed it was mine and gave them stupid titles I could make a bundle. Those are not even titled!

Oh no Xmasfish; let the kids take the credit! Would prob be worth more that way ;)

I mean, they have dolphins and elephants "painting" pictures, and go on about their choice of colors and design and sell the pics for good money. I think your kids pics would be worth MUCH more!

http://www.cmaquarium.org/sam.htm
http://www.novica.com/news/index.cfm?articleid=57

Hey..maybe we can have the fish design their own tanks and get really rich!

Sure, take a few shrimp or something, dip them in paint, and let them crawl all over the canvas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom