Got taken on an internet sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ellisz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

Need advice. I bought a light ballast off a guy on RC. Paypal'ed him the money and he said it shipped 6/1. I have yet to get anything and he has not returned any emails, PM's or posts in the for sale thread.

Is it worth trying oto go through paypal to get my money back or is it a lost cause? I have read a lot of lost casue stories but I have never had this situation myself.

Any advice?

How much did it cost? If you can't resolve it with the seller I would definitely make paypal aware of the situation. Even if you can't get your money back it will start a record on the guy and paypal eventually will cancel his account if they receive too many complaints.

I agree go through paypal. I've done this once and they tried to get my money for me. They would have did a transfer had the girl had any money in her account. If the seller is having problems, paypal will help get it sorted out. Of course, you may never see your money again but like talloulou said, they will flag his account and watch him.

Well after 7 days (And if you have an email or something saying it was mailed) you could actually sue the guy, but if it didnt cost much its not worth it. Just make him aware of it though.

Give him 24 hours to fill you in on whats going on, or tell him you will take extra measures.

It was only $30 so I won't go any farther than paypal. I just need to replace the ballast. :(

I will send him one more PM and let him know I am going to contact paypal. See what happens...

I wondered that too but he told me it went out on 6/1 via UPS. Ground from Texas should not be that long.

The good news is heard from him late last night and now have a fedex tracking number. It should be here on Tuesday. I'll see what I get :)

ellisz said:
I wondered that too but he told me it went out on 6/1 via UPS. Ground from Texas should not be that long.

After my most recent experience with UPS, I would be surprised if you saw if before Halloween. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom