Gotta Love Craigslist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

khartig

Aquarium Advice Regular
Since my 29gal. is all up and running I've been wanting a larger tank, I know I'm probably coming down with MTS. So for the past few weeks I've been combing Craigslist looking for a good deal. There's been a few and mostly because of working I've always missed out. Well yesterday I score a great deal, at least I think I did. I picked up a 50gal. and stand with a few accessories for $40.
img_1965378_0_8b3727cd567a42ce17c6e15841dee92a.jpg

The tank is in great shape, the only thing it needs is for the cross bar on top to be repaired, nothing a bit up epoxy won't fix. The stand is a bit rough. It needs a good refinishing and one pice of the wood replaced due to a crack I'm not not comfortable putting 500+lbs. on top of. I'll probably add in some extra support just to be safe. It's been siting in a garage for who knows how long. It's going to be a slow build since my funding is limited and working on the stand when it's 110+ degrees is not what I call enjoyable. I can't wait to get this thing up. I haven't decided on what's going in there yet. I'm considering cichlids but don't know if I want to deal with the agression issues. My other thought is another community tanks with 2 or 3 angels. Oh well, I've got time to decide. I'll be starting a build thread and I'm sure I'll have lots of questions on equipment reccomendations.

Back
Top Bottom