Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-12-2018, 06:11 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Gourami get along??

How is it possible that my 4 gouramiís get along peacefully they are 4 males and look full grown. I may be wrong. I just have temporarly from a friend looking to sell 3 but they see to get along just fine? Dont they normally need to fight and stuff yea sometimes they pick at another but mostly they swim or stay together just fine is it possible they will leave each other alone and be fine together? Sorry for my bad englishClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6803.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	231.5 KB
ID:	310390

Old 09-14-2018, 06:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Unless something is throwing off my sense of scale, they look more like juveniles to me (which would explain why they're not being very mean yet!). Gold gouramis and three spot gouramis get to be around 4-6 inches as adults

Old 09-14-2018, 06:42 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Oh also, that would be something like 11-15 centimeters
Old 09-15-2018, 04:45 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

They look like young adults to me. They just seem to have a bit to much length to be juveniles. You are thinking the same as me though that they are young and haven't hit that aggressive phase yet. Unless you have a 75+g tank youwill most likely start seeing major aggression in the next 6-8 months.
Old 09-15-2018, 04:46 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Also meant to say are you sure they are all males? That blue gouramis in the middle looks female to me.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:26 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

They are all females. The picture doesn't show their dorsal fins clearly but they look like females.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:28 PM   #7

I have 2 male blue opaline gouramis, 1 female opaline gourami and 5 female blue gourami. Yet the 2 males fight. They were in a 200 gallon with dollars and goldfish and still they fought. Now I have separated them and they have 3 females each with them.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:30 PM   #8

Also someone on this forum told me that if many males are housed together(about 6 or more) the aggression is spread among them and they don't fight. I confirmed this later on. This is the very reason that you won't see males fight in the pet stores cause there are just so many of them stuffed in one tank
Old 09-16-2018, 09:00 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I will post better pics later u think they can be females? I would be suprised. Btw if they are males and agression shows i will sell them to a friend of me who can house them

Tags
gourami, long, ram

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com