Gourami get along??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Simon_DG

Aquarium Advice Regular
How is it possible that my 4 gourami’s get along peacefully they are 4 males and look full grown. I may be wrong. I just have temporarly from a friend looking to sell 3 but they see to get along just fine? Dont they normally need to fight and stuff yea sometimes they pick at another but mostly they swim or stay together just fine is it possible they will leave each other alone and be fine together? Sorry for my bad englishIMG_6803.jpg

Unless something is throwing off my sense of scale, they look more like juveniles to me (which would explain why they're not being very mean yet!). Gold gouramis and three spot gouramis get to be around 4-6 inches as adults(y)

They look like young adults to me. They just seem to have a bit to much length to be juveniles. You are thinking the same as me though that they are young and haven't hit that aggressive phase yet. Unless you have a 75+g tank youwill most likely start seeing major aggression in the next 6-8 months.

Also meant to say are you sure they are all males? That blue gouramis in the middle looks female to me.

They are all females. The picture doesn't show their dorsal fins clearly but they look like females.

I have 2 male blue opaline gouramis, 1 female opaline gourami and 5 female blue gourami. Yet the 2 males fight. They were in a 200 gallon with dollars and goldfish and still they fought. Now I have separated them and they have 3 females each with them.

Also someone on this forum told me that if many males are housed together(about 6 or more) the aggression is spread among them and they don't fight. I confirmed this later on. This is the very reason that you won't see males fight in the pet stores cause there are just so many of them stuffed in one tank

I will post better pics later u think they can be females? I would be suprised. Btw if they are males and agression shows i will sell them to a friend of me who can house them

Back
Top Bottom