Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 01-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
cichlid.greenhorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: KCMO
Posts: 131
Gravel cleaning

I was cleaning over 100 lbs of gravel last night for my 125g. When I realized I'm cleaning gravel to crystal clear quality just so my fish can poop in it. Haha, we treat our fish like kings, I think I take better care of my fish than myself. Plus they are the first thing I go to see when I get home from work, then my dog, then my wife. How do you guys feel about this?
__________________

__________________
cichlid.greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mounds View, MN
Posts: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlid.greenhorn
I was cleaning over 100 lbs of gravel last night for my 125g. When I realized I'm cleaning gravel to crystal clear quality just so my fish can poop in it. Haha, we treat our fish like kings, I think I take better care of my fish than myself. Plus they are the first thing I go to see when I get home from work, then my dog, then my wife. How do you guys feel about this?
I also think I take better care of my fish than myself !!

I always cheak on mine before I leave the house my cats wait by my tanks sometimes just so they can get some attention
__________________

__________________
rreekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Alaska
Posts: 405
WOW! Good to know I'm not alone on this one!!! Too funny! The first thing in my mind when I wake up in the morning is my fish. I immediately do a head count and examine everyone closely for any odd behavior. I am obssessed with keeping my fish happy and healthy! Then, I check on the rest of the family LOL! The fish are on my mind almost 24/7! Isn't that crazy??? Everything I do no matter what it is, the fish are in my thoughts. When ever I am near the fish tank, I stop over and say hi...such as vaccumming, I'll stop briefly to see them; getting the fire going I'll stop by and see them, ect. I got it bad!!!
__________________
I am so happy I joined Aquarium Advice! I have met some awesome people here!
Lovin Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
richpowell1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin Fish
WOW! Good to know I'm not alone on this one!!! Too funny! The first thing in my mind when I wake up in the morning is my fish. I immediately do a head count and examine everyone closely for any odd behavior. I am obssessed with keeping my fish happy and healthy! Then, I check on the rest of the family LOL! The fish are on my mind almost 24/7! Isn't that crazy??? Everything I do no matter what it is, the fish are in my thoughts. When ever I am near the fish tank, I stop over and say hi...such as vaccumming, I'll stop briefly to see them; getting the fire going I'll stop by and see them, ect. I got it bad!!!
Lol I am exactly the same
__________________
richpowell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
garfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fanborough,Hampshire,England
Posts: 2,846
That's the way it should be
__________________
garfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Alaska
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by richpowell1989 View Post
Lol I am exactly the same
It's fun isn't it Fish are the best thing! It's funny for me because I never wanted fish! Then once they ended up in my house I fell in-love! LOL!
__________________
I am so happy I joined Aquarium Advice! I have met some awesome people here!
Lovin Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
garfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fanborough,Hampshire,England
Posts: 2,846
My fish always seem grateful when I do a pwc and a good vac they appear happier
__________________
garfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:58 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
richpowell1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovin Fish

It's fun isn't it Fish are the best thing! It's funny for me because I never wanted fish! Then once they ended up in my house I fell in-love! LOL!
I grew up around them my dad had his own fish store, we had 6 tanks in the house growing up so I had to like them now I love them I actually make sure they are happy before I need something lol
__________________
richpowell1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:04 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bristol, WI
Posts: 196
I'm there too. I do a complete headcount first thing every morning and first thing when I get home. The dogs don't get real excited about having to wait on this to get their walk. They've literally replaced t.v. for me for a couple of hours a day, at least! I'm even going heavily planted just to make sure I have enough maintenence to do every day!
__________________
savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:27 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
khartig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Las Vegas, Nv.
Posts: 66
My fish are the first thing I check on in the morning, right after pouring the first cup of coffee, seems the brain doesn't work so well at 4:30. They are the second thing I check when I get home from work, it's kind of hard to ignore two German Shepards that are excited to see you.
__________________

__________________
khartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
clean, cleaning, gravel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Goldfish! - Newbie question: Gravel Arete Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 12 12-31-2011 01:36 PM
Very pleased with this gravel cleaner brry General Hardware/Equipment Discussion 1 11-04-2011 07:51 AM
Gravel or Sand? graphicpunk Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 12 09-17-2011 05:07 PM
Cleaning the gravel Steo the great Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started 5 08-31-2011 11:50 AM
Under gravel filter - how much gravel? rcgldr Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 21 08-30-2011 06:00 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.