Great aquarium quotes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dingusplease

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all you aquarists, have you ever had a great revelation about aquarium keeping? Like a quote or great piece of advice? Well, I decided to start a thread for just such "revelations". Post them here! Anyways, I just thought it would be cool if we could write down many great tips and quotes that could be helpful to aquarists of all types, from saltwater to freshwater to brackish and so forth.

Here's one I made up myself :) :

"Just as reef aquaria are works of art, pico reefs are the Thorne rooms of reefing. Beautifully sculpted and impossibly small."

"What are you doing? Don't drink the fish water. Fish go potty in their water. You're drinking fishy toilet water." Over-heard in my LFS when a kid started drinking water from a fish tank using his cupped hand.

I use it, to a certain degree, to explain to people about water changes.

"What are you doing? Don't drink the fish water. Fish go potty in their water. You're drinking fishy toilet water." Over-heard in my LFS when a kid started drinking water from a fish tank using his cupped hand.

I use it, to a certain degree, to explain to people about water changes.

Omg! That's gross! But hilarious!

Thanks everyone for the good quotes, anyone have anymore? These are great ;)

When in doubt.. Change it out!!! Water changes if course.. Also a variation of mebbid's.. "It's just a big toilet..Flush the toilet!"

Automatic Reflex -Def. An action done so often it is done without even thinking about it.
As in: "Oh Crap! Did I put the water dechlorinator in this water yet or not!!!" After 90% of it is already in the tank. OS.

Automatic Reflex -Def. An action done so often it is done without even thinking about it.
As in: "Oh Crap! Did I put the water dechlorinator in this water yet or not!!!" After 90% of it is already in the tank. OS.

Thankfully you can doubledose prime!!!! I've done this a time or 10

Back
Top Bottom