Greatest wife in the world !!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fedex3d

Aquarium Advice Activist
Had to take a dead fish back to the lfs and replace it and add a few more. Couldn't wait to look at the 125 gallon tank on sale while I was there as I would do everytime I'm in the store. Walkedd in and saw a SOLD sign on it and was dissappointed that they had finally sold it to some lucky person. But what to my surprise but underneath it said HAPPY BIRTHDAY with my wif's name under it. She had been hiding and sent me a text just as I walked in saying happy birthday & hope you enjoy your present. Was almost in tears in the middle of the store. Was the GREATEST birthday surprise EVER !!! :dance:

Congratulations :) please don't leave us hanging what are you gonna stock lol

We really don't know yet. I would like to go with something exotic and maybe semi agressive. I am definitely open to suggestions. I don't really want to go with a community tank but am really in awe of the size of it once I got it home with 30 gallons being the biggest tank I've ever stocked. What do ya'll think would be good for a tank that size ??

That's the way I was leaning. Cichlids have a great variety and color to choose from. I definitely would like alot of color

I like lake Malawi cichlids.your so lucky your wife would buy you an aquarium ! I'm really super duper jealous! That must of been such a great birthday present.

Dude! You have to get an exotic pleco! Those things are sooo cool!! Like a gold nugget pleco, mango pleco, flash pleco.....etc.
And get some fish that dont grow very large like south american cichlids... Just dont get large fish like oscars (especially red devil cichlids! They are waaaay to aggressive), it gets a little boring just to see less than 5 fish in the tank... So i would go for gouramis, SA cichlids, bichirs, plecos, and some eclipse or pictus catfish!
U have a great wife... Ur so lucky u got that tank..

What a great story! Happy birthday!!!

Give your wife a big hug from all of us!

Dude! You have to get an exotic pleco! Those things are sooo cool!! Like a gold nugget pleco, mango pleco, flash pleco.....etc.
And get some fish that dont grow very large like south american cichlids... Just dont get large fish like oscars (especially red devil cichlids! They are waaaay to aggressive), it gets a little boring just to see less than 5 fish in the tank... So i would go for gouramis, SA cichlids, bichirs, plecos, and some eclipse or pictus catfish!
U have a great wife... Ur so lucky u got that tank..

Yes we definitely want color and variety !!!!! Want maybe two or three different schools. Probably a school of barbs with tiger, green tiger, and albino for the variety. I want some of the SA cichlids for their color. We already have 3 pictus catfish in a 30 gallon, and my wife definitely wants a black ghost knife. Then we will add from there....... lol

Happy birthday!!! (I would buy my hubby a 125 but he would just hog all 125 gallons and not share with me lol). I can hear it now, "it's MY birthday present" haha

Argh man that's awesome, that put a smile on my face reading it so could only imagine how happy you were. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

This story is like every fish keepers dream!! :D

YES !!!!! And I keep telling her to help me figure how to stock it or what she wants and she replies "that's your tank baby, put in it what you want. It's your birthday present. " I am a lucky man !!!:dance:

What a great story !!! .... Your wife's a keeper,...enjoy the build,..I think it'll be always a little special for you.

I'm excited for you and don't even know you...it's good to be here with my kind of people... :)

Back
Top Bottom