gross arachnid that's new to me!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard uit's false, too- I think the link I posted says that

(
all fabricated rubbish.
)

- if you read the portion above the photo and then read the portion below the photo. But still! Just having one of those crawl across me, even if it was fake, would scare the daylights out of me! :shocked!:

but I like fabricated rubbish...

Seriously though. I checked out a few sources on the infamous camel spider and I bet it could do some damage to a human if pressed to do so. I just can't think of any situation where that would happen (naturally). I did find a neat video of one tearing up some sort of plant.

http://www.insectia.com/beta/e/vq_c210111.html

It's easy to see why a myth about these spiders would propagate so quickly though; just look at those chompers!!!

deli_conker said:
I think you're right. That plant has legs!!! Crunch, crunch crunch! Sucks to be that green bug...

Absolutely correct....they aren't vegetarians by a long shot.....my big one would even eat newborn mice.

I wouldn't mind some big spiders here in my yard... I have a few beautiful orb type spiders and such all over the place, and I mean you can't walk 5 feet in the woods without hitting a web... those I don't mind but I've seen(squished) at least 5 young black widows this past week... We also have brown recluses around here but I haven't seen any in my yard yet... but with 5 acres I'm sure I have a little of everything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom