Growing taller?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It certainly seems that we have a preponderance of tall female aquarists here, but I am comforted by the knowledge that LMW80 has my back. :wink:

TankGirl said:
It certainly seems that we have a preponderance of tall female aquarists here, but I am comforted by the knowledge that LMW80 has my back. :wink:

How's that possible TankGirl? I mean, I know that LMW80 probably doesn't even reach your shoulder... :D

TankGirl said:
It certainly seems that we have a preponderance of tall female aquarists here,

You don't know from tall....beteween the two aquarium societies in my province, something like 6 of our members have the following criteria...under 25 years, female, over 6'3"....one is 6'7"...makes me feel like a garden gnone. :lol:

At age 16 I wasn't 5'8. By age 18 I was 5'11. I think it's very common for boys to have a growth spurt in their latter teens. Now that I'm approaching 50, I think I have the usual back probs that come with compression of the spinal disks. Nothing to look forward to, and I often wonder if a growth spurt in the teens contributes to the condition in later life.

i'm 19 and 6'1 and i think i am still growing, i have noticed that woman throughout the decades are growing taller and taller, but thats ok with me....i am sick of looking down on people, i like having to look up to talk...hehe (but of course there is nothing wrong with people shorter then me, my g/f is only 5'7)

mr86mister said:
i'm 19 and 6'1 and i think i am still growing, i have noticed that woman throughout the decades are growing taller and taller,

Nah, just in North America....sure those beef and chicken growth hormones don't affect the consumer...

Toirtis said:
Nah, just in North America....sure those beef and chicken growth hormones don't affect the consumer...

Where can I get me some? :lol:

I married a short man (5'7") so our poor children - doomed, doomed I tell you!

TankGirl said:
Toirtis said:

Where can I get me some? :lol:

M c D o n a l d s.... :lol:

I dunno... my daughter looks like she will be taller than both her parents, and I know lots of people between the ages of 14-22 that are easily 2"-5" taller than their tallest parent.

im about 5'9" 14 years old.

i think after 40 you shrink like an inch every 10 years or so

My shrinking uncle unfortunetly has been through lots of radiation and chemo for a tumor near his optic nerve. I think that might have something to do with it cause he has shrunk at least 2 inches if not more. He was always taller than me and now he is at least an inch shorter.

Oh come now...I LOVE Big Macs!!!!! Salad, bread, meat and cheese all in one mouthful....what more could you ask for LOL!

I do love them though :oops:

(at least I think it's meat??)

TankGirl said:

Gotta get those kids lined up to be Jockeys! You could have the whole family riding in the Kentucky Derby!

At the National Aquarium trip last month I was sure we were going to lose Tankgirl and LMW80!

No, no worries about us getting lost in a crowd, just look for the family with the freakishly large heads.... but, that is for another thread. :lol:

just look for the family with the freakishly large heads
8O

I don't know when I stopped growing taller, but I wish I could find an easy way to stop filling out :oops: If my husband and I have boys, they will be pretty dainty--we're both 5'5" (although he had his height listed as 5'9" on his license for years!!).

Menagerie said:
If my husband and I have boys, they will be pretty dainty--we're both 5'5" (although he had his height listed as 5'9" on his license for years!!).

Boys or girls....you guys aren't just...um, vertically challenged, you are petite, too....I just about fainted when I saw Trevor's waist size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom