Guess That Species!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it megaptera?

Yes it is.
Here's something interesting, until recently it was considered A. cf. brietbinden(piaroa) the fish identical , the only real difference is the dorsal fin. Here's my piaroa for comparison

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1421163346023.jpg
    1421163346023.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 53
Yes it is.
Here's something interesting, until recently it was considered A. cf. brietbinden(piaroa) the fish identical , the only real difference is the dorsal fin. Here's my piaroa for comparison

That is interesting thanks for the comparison.

It does have pike in the name but its not a livebreeder.

It is a livebearer, I was going to answer but keegster has this one in the bag, aside from him not giving a scientific name, I would give it to him just because it is a single species genus and there is no other livebearer like it

Keegster you can go ahead and post the next one.

My book show its fish as a killifish. As far as I know killifish are egg layers. Is this statement true?
Thank for the clarification.

Keegster you can go ahead and post the next one.

My book show its fish as a killifish. As far as I know killifish are egg layers. Is this statement true?
Thank for the clarification.

Pike killifish, pike topminnow and pike livebearer are all common names for belonesox belizianus. Lot's of people do lump them in with killifish, but it is definitely a livebearer.

Back
Top Bottom