Guess That Species!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lol I hate whiptails so many look the same, but I do think we need to add a couple things to the rules such as common names are fine as long as it is not used to describe a wide number of species and the photos should be whole body shots if possible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol I hate whiptails so many look the same, but I do think we need to add a couple things to the rules such as common names are fine as long as it is not used to describe a wide number of species and the photos should be whole body shots if possible

Ok well for some reason it will not let me edit the original post with the rules so i may just post another set because we have some new members of this thread with us!

Ok well for some reason it will not let me edit the original post with the rules so i may just post another set because we have some new members of this thread with us!

Totally nothing against you pleco, just one of those things we didn't think about popping up.

We are diverting from the rules a bit but that is a golden Dorado salminus brasiliensis

Alright guys here's our new, revised set of rules. Please feel free to ask (through PM) me if you have any questions about the rules or have any suggestions. Maybe I can edit this one!

1.) The first user to guess the specie correctly will post the new picture of their choosing. The posting of a new picture will open the guessing game and any may take a shot at guessing! The person who posted the newest picture of guessing has the full authority to, after everyone has been given their opportunity to guess, reveal the answer. After they reveal it they should either post another picture thus opening another game of play OR give the torch to the closest guesser. It is up to the users to interpret, "closest guesser". If the winner does not want to post a picture and pass they have full authority to nominate whoever they like!

2.) Scientific names would be ideal for maximum clarity however common names will be allowed. Now for species like Plecos' and Bichirs' and cichlids', please use their individual scientific name, like Gillie said there's too many in those each individual species and scientific names will provide best when it comes to breaking them down and preventing arguments.

3.) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES shall anyone who has not won the previous guessing game, or been given permission by the previous picture poster, post a new picture in attempt to start a new game. This will prevent arguments and disputes over fairness and avoid any confusion of the right picture to guess on. Even if the winner of the previous game isn't responding please give him at least 12 hours to respond and post a new picture, if they exceed this time limit the closest guesser of the previous game may post a new picture. If the user does not choose a winner within 12 hours the user with the correct answer of the new game (the one where the person isn't responding) should post a new picture. But only if everyone is in agreement that their guess is for sure correct!

3.) Anyone may take a shot at guessing however the first one to guess the specie correct will win that game and should at this time post a new picture. Each person is to be allowed ONLY ONE guess per specie!!! You may guess on every picture posted but only once! Only the winner of the previous game may post the next picture, like stated in rule 3 no one else may post a picture unless another rule is applied to the situation at hand.

5.) The picture may be of freshwater or saltwater but please make it only fish. You are allowed to post inverts however fish would be ideal!

6.) Conversation is to now be allowed as long as it does not break the site rules! Gummy has a good point that this rule does limit the amount of fun we can have and this thread is a really fun thread so hopefully this helps!

Again if you have any questions, comments or suggestions feel free to ask me! I can edit the rules this time! Yay

Ding ding ding! Okay Bichir, good rules, ill keep them in mind. You can post a species since you guessed first. Bribo, you were right too. (y)

Back
Top Bottom