Guess That Species!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice one Fishfanboy. Beautiful fish named after a friend and colleague. (He is currently one of my most active collaborators in my dottyback research.) But I'll leave it to others to guess.

Fishfanboy, just checked a couple of rainbowfish forum sites, and apparently this form is relatively easy to breed. You might try tracking down a mop of eggs through one of the dedicated sites.

Nice one Kendallfish. I was just looking at one of these in our fish collection. I'll let the others keep guessing - curious to see what they'll guess - then I'll post a link showing footage of one in the wild (pretending to be a sponge).

Tony

Too funny. I just thought I would check on Youtube to see if it had additional footage of this fish, so I typed in the scientific name. Well Youtube didn't like that name, so instead searched on "Sparticus frontal." Hmm, not exactly what I was after ... and a good thing no one was walking past my computer when it flashed up.

Back
Top Bottom