Guess That Species!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I hope someone gets it soon. It might be a little tricky in that the species was only described two years ago - by two of guys I've worked with a lot on dottybacks (Gerry Allen and Mark Erdmann).

Well, the first one was a give away...too lazy to look up something different. Btw the dace is a beauty; I used to catch Johnny darters in my youth. Zzz time

I just realised the footage I wanted to post doesn't actually tell you the species name ... and besides, it's a different from the one posted by Fresh2o. So I can go ahead and post it here:

Well done Gillie. I guess you need to wait for confirmation from Fresh2o - but I can't see how he wouldn't agree. The photo is the same one used in the original description of the species!

Thank you sir, I would love to keep a few of these very interesting fish. They are now at the top of my salty list above the flaming prawn goby.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you sir, I would love to keep a few of these very interesting fish. They are now at the top of my salty list above the flaming prawn goby.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Good job Gillie! I had to dig for that one. SW is not my thing; closest I've got to is a can of sardines. Carry on...

Good job Gillie! I had to dig for that one. SW is not my thing; closest I've got to is a can of sardines. Carry on...

Ha! I feel the same way. Saltwater has so many more fish to choose from, I don't know how you guys keep the species straight ;)

That other fish looked so cool! Are they relatively rare?

Well, it lookd like a combination of a trumpet fish and some bottom dweler like a sea robin

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've seen that fish before I think just can't remember the name for the life of me! I'd try to look it up but I'm too lazy lol. It kinda reminds me of the Glaucus atlanticus besides it's coloration.

Back
Top Bottom