Guess That Species!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ha no, I'm at school right now... And they don't like your on your phones.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Ok i guess I'll get us rolling again. Here's our new one:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410284811.056692.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In math, I'll post soon. It looked a little orange, so I guessed that :)

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So we agree with my updated rules? Lets try to quote it every other page or so. That way everyone is one the same page as far as rules!

Rules sound good fishdude. Here is the next one

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1410290640341.jpg
    1410290640341.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 61
Some thoughts from me on the new proposed rules.

Game rules:
3. Any member can try to guess the said specie posted by the said member (no googling allowed, no books allowed)
All names MUST be the scientific name
If you can't search in any way and you need to know the scientific name of the fish I would speculate that this will severely limit who is guessing. I think using the scientific name is a great rule but you need to be able to look it up. Especially since most of the fish posted are marginally obscure or specialized. My proposed change would be to allow books an searching but not reverse searching on the image as that would be pretty cheap.

5. If a member correctly guesses a specie, but does not post a new picture in 5 hours any member may post a new specie
I would say 12-24 hours would be more reasonable. People have work and school.

We've had the google vs. no google discussion and my newest set of rules does in fact say you can google.

Ok great.

Lol when I asked you to post the picture I was in school too and they don't like us on our phones either

Just try to quote the rules every couple if pages so we don't have people using different rules.

Just try to quote the rules every couple if pages so we don't have people using different rules.

I'll post them every now and again.

The issue is most of these fish don't have common names. The apistos are VERY new to the hobby and don't have a common name.

The issue is most of these fish don't have common names. The apistos are VERY new to the hobby and don't have a common name.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Common name don't have to be required but you could use them is what imeant

Fishobsessed7

The problem I have with trade names is that they are overused. In lots of cases there are multiple fish with the same trade name.

Back
Top Bottom