Guess That Species!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This might prove to be a tricky one. I know the name this species goes under in the aquarium trade, but in one research publication I found, a very different looking fish is associated with the name. I might try to track down the original description to see if I can make sense of it.

Tony

Turns out I don't have access to the original description, but I think I've sorted it out anyway. There are two species involved, which for a while were regarded as the same thing. The research paper I found had the other species (D. quagga), in which the body is mostly striped rather than spotted. (I hope I'm not letting to much out of the bag ... but at least I haven't mentioned the genus name, just the first letter.)

Tony

Turns out I don't have access to the original description, but I think I've sorted it out anyway. There are two species involved, which for a while were regarded as the same thing. The research paper I found had the other species (D. quagga), in which the body is mostly striped rather than spotted. (I hope I'm not letting to much out of the bag ... but at least I haven't mentioned the genus name, just the first letter.)

Tony

I was just reading over Kullander's paper on D. kyathit and he has/is apparently studying quagga also but I can't find that paper. Which is a little disappointing I would like to know more about that species.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'll post a picture soon I just had to sleep sorry :D

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So sorry thought I had posted. It didn't work so I'm going to have to post again since I'm on mobile and you can't edit in pictures.

Back
Top Bottom