Guess that species! (Part 2 ? )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some kind of peacock cichlid? I'm totally guessing.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was going to guess blackstriped cichlid...always next time lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Jewel cichlid? Still a newb at identifying cichlids.

Hey what's up with the scientific names. ;)

Im going juvenile Geophagus argyrostictus... not sure though, not showing a ton of coloration yet...

Ahh. Kind of close. I know, I chose a more difficult one since it's a baby. I'll choose another. It is a threadfin acara/acarichthys heckelii.

Okay, new submission. Much easier. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1422095407.111135.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ahh. Kind of close. I know, I chose a more difficult one since it's a baby. I'll choose another. It is a threadfin acara/acarichthys heckelii.

Okay, new submission. Much easier. View attachment 262125

Rip saw catfish, otherwise known as Oxydoras niger. A real beauty and a major tank buster! hope you have a future plan for this guy! (y)

Rip saw catfish, otherwise known as Oxydoras niger. A real beauty and a major tank buster! hope you have a future plan for this guy! (y)

Correct. He's not mine, I wish though. He's at a local fish store. He's about 3.5 feet long.

Sorry to be a jerk but there were rules to make it easier for some of us that do not know the scientific names. Yep I'm a sore loser.

Back
Top Bottom