Guess that species! (Part 2 ? )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to be a jerk but there were rules to make it easier for some of us that do not know the scientific names. Yep I'm a sore loser.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The rules are not to use scientific names. If the scientific name is showing all you have to do is google it. Calm down.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

As a former poster on the other guess the species I'll just say the whole reason it turned to scientific names is because certain common names can actually describe several fish. Hence scientific names clarified what exact fish species. For example rummynose tetra actually describes 3 species of tetras. Just wanted to clarify that's why it got the way it is :D

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, without scientific names someone could just say "turquoise" rainbow and be right when really it could be any of many look-alike species. If the common and scientific name are included I see no issues. If anything it helps you learn. (y)

And by the way "Lake Kutubu Blue Rainbowfish" - Melanotaenia Lacustris ;)

Yeah, without scientific names someone could just say "turquoise" rainbow and be right when really it could be any of many look-alike species. If the common and scientific name are included I see no issues. If anything it helps you learn. (y)

And by the way "Lake Kutubu Blue Rainbowfish" - Melanotaenia Lacustris ;)

Correct.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Just for the sake of argument and someone telling me to calm down this is how the thread started read post #1. Also Google would be cheating, just saying.

Ok, just say the common name if you want but a scientific name can be included if you want for clarification. A common name is mandatory with a scientific name optional. Twig catfish is not the real common name of this one, just a general group name. Ok here we go:

Attachments

• twig-catfish-1268353668-800.jpg
    twig-catfish-1268353668-800.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 46
Needlefish?

Ohh I mean Farlowella Vittata. Yep found this pick on Tropical Fish Keeping.

Maybe too easy but super cool, sorry it's not freshwater. I guess it doesn't even look real. Creepy fishy.

Attachments

• 1422591699979.jpg
    1422591699979.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 40
Creepy guy. You're turn

Back
Top Bottom