Guess who got evicted?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
As some of you may have read the stories about my :bad-words: neighbors that had parties all the time and had no respect for anyone. Well, our goal (my roomy and I) was to get them evicted before our lease was up. We had about a month and a half to do this. Well my roomy happens to work with our downstairs neighbors that can't stand the other neighbors, either. Last night at 3:30am they threw the biggest party they have ever had. They were yellling and loud and she said it was the worst it has EVER been. So she called the courtesy officer. He comes out and leaves.. and they don't quiet down. So at 4:30am she, HERSELF, had to go over there to ask them to be quiet. They slammed the door in her face. She called the courtest officer again and told him what happened and told him that she was actually rather afraid.
This morning she got a call from our landlord. Our landlord was apologizing profusly and said they will be out by Sunday.

They got their eviction notice today. Our lease is up tomorrow. How bitter sweet =o)

Do you live in a college town?
I remember when I lived right next to the college, it was a nightmare. Everyday there was puke in the steps, little tinny "baggies" laying around, empty beer bottles, the heck...

Yes I live in a college town. However, the apartments up the street at strictly for college kids and almost all of the apts in the area cater to college kids. The apts that I lived in weren't. I mean, college kids lived there but not nearly as much as older families did. They don't advertise online or in the papers- you have to drive by them to know they are there.

We lived there for almost a year before any problems, these guys were just jerks!

wow... I can't believe it took so long to get those guys evicted, right now I'm in an apartment (well, I'm moving tomorrow) that if there is just one noise violation and/or complaint you either have the choice of a $100 fine (for the first time) or being evicted 8O there are a lot of us "college kids" here, but everyone is pretty quiet for the most part...

LOL...now they're probably going to pool their resources and buy a party house right next door to you!

Just kidding...may you live in a neighborhood surrounded by quiet old people! (Quiet so you can't hear them and old so they can't hear you) :lol:

Actually, my lease is up today and I moved to a BIG house that is in an "old people" neighborhood. Granted, a lot of people throw parties but they aren't downstairs or next to us where its a problem.

Im so thrilled! Me and my roomy wanted to sit on the stairs and drink margaritas while they moved out. Just sit and watch them hehe

Ha Ha - I saw the title at the same time Big Brother was starting. I was thinking this was referring to the show.

Wow!! How come you never called the police?? I would have raised hell and called all sorts of law enforcement (and I have in the past :twisted:)!

My neighbors were pretty bad for a while. Loud music, pro-wrestling in thei living room, bass guitar and bongo drums at 3 a.m., etc.

They thought they still lived on campus. The complex has a 3 strikes and you're out rule. They got a letter from the rental office letting them know that one more infraction and they are on the curb last Christmas. The noise stopped immediately. Turns out the one roomate kicked the other one out. There's still some noise every now and then, but a little noise is tolerable...

How were the margaritas?

Menagerie said:
Wow!! How come you never called the police?? I would have raised hell and called all sorts of law enforcement (and I have in the past :twisted:)!

Thats the thing- the courtesy officer *was* a cop. He was on duty and would swing by when he got the msg of disturbance or whatever.

My roomys gf works in the office at the apt complex and she said they got a letter saying they have the option of moving out by Sunday or the apts would file an eviction claim or something. Either is fine with me. Because if they move out they are breaking their lease and they don't get their deposit back, have to pay the fine for breaking the lease, and have to pay for a month of rent or something.

It would be great if they got evicted *snickers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom