Guess who's getting a kitten?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
I can't wait!! I have wanted a kitten since we moved into our house in November. I brought an adult cat with me from my parents, and I love her, but she's not a lap cat, and not very playful, and I have been dying for a playful kitten.

We definitly wanted to adopt - there are so many left out of good homes, until I found out one of the ladies at work, together with her husband, help to rescue cats and put them up for adoption. She had 2 pregnant cats in her house (she has a cat-run attached to her house), one just had a litter of one, and the other had her litter in the woods she she is trying to track them down. I wanted siblings, but if she doesn't find the other cat, I will take the one kitten. MaryAnn will make sure the kitten is getting everything it needs from its mother and if not will bottle feed. I know the kitten will be taken care of and well prepared for when she is ready to make the trip to Daniel's and my house :)

We are going over their house this Saturday for dinner, so hopefully I can remember my camera and take a picture! I am so excited!!!!

Now we need to help you with a name :wink:

Congrats - I know you will enjoy having a lap kitty :D

Kittens are SO much fun! We also adopted Nemo when he was a kitten but ended up not being able to get him until he was 16 weeks old, by then he was the size of an adult. HAHA. Enjoy your new kitten while he/she is young. :D

well. YAY kitties are cute. what ARE you going to name it? just make sure you make him/her fishy friendly. :lol:

Very nice Lori. As you guys know, I have two "rescued cats" living with me. One that was saved from a pet store that was going out of business 8 years ago and the other which was being taunted by neighborhood children 2 years ago.

We are still trying to find a home for them...LOL.

thanks everyone!

I can't possibly name her/him/them until I see her/him/them. But I can't wait...I am like a little kid!

Have you started stocking up on all new kitty paraphernalia? ("Let's see, we'll need some of these, and two of those, and a new set of food dishes, and every kitty needs one of these.... ") :wink:

omg a new set of food dishes! thanks TG, lol. I am probably also gonna need a bigger litter pail.

A laser pointer - my parents have one they play with their cat with - it is quite funny to watch.

I think I mentioned this before but there are some real good and cheap kitty toys out there.

First off, don't buy any balls of any sort. Balled up paper of any kind (did you mention tinfoil?) works better.

Kitty proofing - Almost similar to kid proofing. Ensure all floor level cabinets, closets are firmly secure. You do not want to spend hours trying to find kitty only to find her in the back of a cabinet or closet. :D

Jchillin said:
You do not want to spend hours trying to find kitty only to find her in the back of a cabinet or closet. :D

HA!!! Found my kitty on the bathroom drawer once... one of those tiny ones that only big enough for a hair brush and comb... :roll:
Im not sure how he got in there, but it was closed when I found him... dumb cat... he also would take daily baths in the toilet... YUCK!!!! He would actually get in on purpose and play... stick his paws down the hole. He thought it was the greatest thing when you flushed... he was really stupid...
Sorry... back on track, anything that you buy, a cat will hate... but as we all know a paper bag can be their most beloved toy...

I can't believe I forgot to share these odd favorite cat toys with you!

I used to have two cats - they were sisters. I would put a ping pong ball in the bathtub and they would chase it around in circles forever! So funny!

My first cat that I ever owned had a brillo pad obsession. My mother could never figure out where the brillo pads were going - thought she was going crazy until underneath the hutch one day I found like 10 of them! She would steal them and play with them until she lost it under the hutch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom