Gutted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah1953

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a 200l tank yesterday off someone I trusted only to discover this morning there was a "cover-up"/dishonesty issue with the background scene. The water has cleared nicely but there is absolutely no background colour depth and the whole lovely huge tank looks pale and uninteresting. I can now see the bright green colour round the edges but the rest of it is very very dull. You can see "something" has been cut & put over the original if you zoom in. You can see the jagged edge on the left where "something" has been cut. Even my other half empty tank next to it has more definition. Do I have to empty it all again to put a 3D scene inside because I can't get this awful backing paper off!! :(

Attachments

• IMG_1574.jpg
    IMG_1574.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1575.jpg
    IMG_1575.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1577.jpg
    IMG_1577.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1569.jpg
    IMG_1569.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 101
There are lots of nice 3D backings for inside of a tank. But honestly I have never found a backing I could not remove with a bit of time and patience. Rubbing alcohol will break down acrylics it they used some sort of acrylic based adhesive.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom