Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-03-2006, 11:08 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I agree completely with the opinions expressed thus far. And coming from a man (gasp!), I too wish public program was clean, and wholesome, and moral. But it ain't, so I try to be Responsible Dad and maintain controls on what gets to be on. I am really looking forward to the game, but will actually start watching a little bit later, and exercise the Tivo on the commercials, etc.

Even if the halftime show is clean, I'm not a Stones fan, so I'll pass.

Old 02-03-2006, 11:31 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Melissamustang
Bosk1 I applaud you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you Dad! My husband does the same thing for our kids. I only wish that people would get all together and tell the news how we feel but.........Thats fantasy talk and would never happen. I wish someone would have the guts to step up and do something about it. We get shocked but are kids are getting numb to it! That is what worries me so much. What is the world gonna be like for my kids when they grow up? I am scared.

Tell someone how you feel….Make a sweet comment and it will always make you feel good as well!
Old 02-04-2006, 12:30 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

@Melissamustang: Thanks. I admit, sometimes I feel like it would be easier to just close my eyes and look the other way. But I think of those two little boys who depend on me more than they realize to teach them how to grow up to be good men, and that keeps me going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissamustang
What is the world gonna be like for my kids when they grow up? I am scared.
I'm scared, too. But I just have to tell myself that this is my Father's world, and He is in control even when I can't see it. And no matter how bad the world gets, those boys have a better chance of being good men in the midst of it if I try my best to do my job (and encourage my wife to do the same) and be there for them. That knowledge gives me peace.

...but I still think the Stones suck.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:22 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

I only watch the commercial and when the game is on I surf the internet. I will watch the halftime show.

Just be happy that Brittney Spears wasn't asked to do the halftime show. ROFL!
Old 02-04-2006, 02:52 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Melissamustang
Yeah Brittney is a little much. I hope she calms her ways just having the baby. Well, we will see about the game. I saw on tv somewhere there was a commercial let on by big daddy.......risky stuff.

Tell someone how you feel….Make a sweet comment and it will always make you feel good as well!
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com