Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: Did you like the half time show?
Yes, my favorite. 1 8.33%
No, it was awful. 7 58.33%
Not the best but I enjoyed it. 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-07-2006, 02:26 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by talloulou
Are you suggesting that Mick lip sync'd
yup, it was just that. You can tell because of the difference during the songs and when he is talking inbetween songs. Inbetween he is out of breath, popping the mic (which is when too much airflow from your breath hits the mic) and during the songs the audio wasn't matching his facial movements and there was no breathing (it is easily edited out with prerecorded versions - something I've done when I record commercial for the radio). Nobody in the stands would notice because they expect a delay in the audio and what they see (because of the distance and that sound travels slower than what your eyes see) but when the video and audio is hooked straight into what you see on TV and the camera is right next to the guy, there should not be a difference in sound and movement.

Old 02-07-2006, 10:21 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think they should have stuck with Janet and her "wardrobe malfunctions"!!!

I wonder the percentage of ratings during the game and during half time?? I bet the ratings went WAAAAAAAAAY down!

I'll keep my comments to myself on this one, but out with the Stones and in with some bands from this decade at the very least!!!! Not that I don't like the Stones ... don't get me wrong there good, but when your trying to entertain the masses, they really don't cut it!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Old 02-07-2006, 12:15 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubysoho

yup, it was just that. You can tell because of the difference during the songs and when he is talking inbetween songs. Inbetween he is out of breath, popping the mic (which is when too much airflow from your breath hits the mic) and during the songs the audio wasn't matching his facial movements and there was no breathing (it is easily edited out with prerecorded versions - something I've done when I record commercial for the radio). Nobody in the stands would notice because they expect a delay in the audio and what they see (because of the distance and that sound travels slower than what your eyes see) but when the video and audio is hooked straight into what you see on TV and the camera is right next to the guy, there should not be a difference in sound and movement.
No way. I'm sorry but I didn't get any of that from what I saw. I don't believe that show was lip sync'd at all. I asked others and have yet to come across anyone else that believes it was lip sync'd either. Plus had many believed it to be lip syncd that would have been discussed in various media outlets. I have heard many say the show stunk, it was boring, he was offkey, they are too old, ect. But so far as I know definitely not lip sync'd.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:04 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

IMO, he sounded wayyyyyy too horrible for that to have been lip sync'd. I've enjoyed the rolling stones for many years... and that show just sounded horrible. If they were going to lip sync, they would have at least made him sound better.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:50 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

BillyZ, he sounded way worse when he was speaking normally. *edited to add* And it isn't unheard of to record the show live earlier that day in an empty stadium. There a definite difference in the quality while he was singing and when he was speaking. It is audio editing I do nearly every week.

Everyone I know in broadcasting picked up on the same things as I did. I stand by what I say, but I'll agree to disagree
Old 02-07-2006, 08:19 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Those shows are almost always lip synched. The halftime show for the AFC Championship was about as obvious as I have ever seen.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com