Halftime show...Boring or did you like it?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Did you like the half time show?

• Yes, my favorite.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it was awful.

• Not the best but I enjoyed it.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Melissamustang

Aquarium Advice Addict
I did not like it at all. He looked like he was on something and he is very old and oh my when he was shaking his money maker I was getting sick...And he sounded as though he was drunk.
It was nothing special and he can't sing anymore....VERY off.

I hope I did not offend anyone. Just my opinion.

Many of those same comments were being made by lots of folks while it was on.

I, for one, was sorely dissapointed in this years half-time commercials... there weren't any! They were all for silly TV shows, and the commercials during the 3rd and 4th quarter were bad to.

anywho.. i've never been a big fan of live music to begin with... but you gotta give the guy credit for having that much energy at 62 years old though!

The Rolling Stones have put out enough good music to keep me respecting them till the end of time! I'd probably enjoy it even if Mick was sporting a cane, an oxygen tank, and a diaper! As for Keith Richards, I'm not sure how that man is still alive! But God bless em he is and he cracks me up. Rock on old men!!!!!!

I hated that he was not actually singing during the songs. If I wanted to, I could play a CD. :roll:

Are you suggesting that Mick lip sync'd or are you saying the singing was so bad you wouldn't call it singing??? It didn't seem lip sync'd to me at all.

I agree Rolling Stones have put out tons of great music but I was disappointed with the half time show. There are a lot of things I would have rather seen than a old man hopped up on speed shaking his butt sporting the new slim line of "Opps I crapped my pants" Stay retired so I can enjoy listening to the stones without flashbacks of the super bowl. :lol:

Your of the same generation I am and im not all that into the stones. After the infamous wardrobe malfunction of a few years past expect the comercials and halftime shows to be 'tamed down' for many years to come.

:lol: After halftime was over I said 'Is that it? I watched all that and no wardrobe malfunctions" Best thing about the game is I went to my parents and they had a table piled up withcrab legs, shrimp, cornon the cob, potatos, smoked sausage etc. They had another table with hot wings, meatballs, and a whole bunch of deserts and snacks etc. After I ate a few pounds of crab legs I chilled and watched the game.

fishfreek said:
Your of the same generation I am and im not all that into the stones.

I grew up in a home with the stereo always on full blast. Usually the Rolling Stones, Beatles, Queen, Meatloaf, or Carole King.

I still think Bat out of Hell is one of the greatest albums ever. I'm not sure if it's 'cause it really is or 'cause I was brainwashed as a kid.

I was disappointed. I'm not that big into the stones, but this show seemed a bit like too much yelling.

I always maintain, though, that halftime shows and the opening of the olympics are pagentry events, not TV events. Pagentry as in large scale effects with multiple sensory modalities used. To see the huge stage with all the lights, smoke, fireworks, variation of volume, waving flashlights, people yelling and jumping up and down --- the effect of all that limited to just my living room and single shots from TV cameras is just a dud. Even if the stones gave a great concert, it still would probably be a dud to me. If I were present in the stadium I'd take in the whole event in a much different way than from just watching my TV and it would have been exciting.

My 2 cents.

talloulou said:
Are you suggesting that Mick lip sync'd

yup, it was just that. You can tell because of the difference during the songs and when he is talking inbetween songs. Inbetween he is out of breath, popping the mic (which is when too much airflow from your breath hits the mic) and during the songs the audio wasn't matching his facial movements and there was no breathing (it is easily edited out with prerecorded versions - something I've done when I record commercial for the radio). Nobody in the stands would notice because they expect a delay in the audio and what they see (because of the distance and that sound travels slower than what your eyes see) but when the video and audio is hooked straight into what you see on TV and the camera is right next to the guy, there should not be a difference in sound and movement.

I think they should have stuck with Janet and her "wardrobe malfunctions"!!!

I wonder the percentage of ratings during the game and during half time?? I bet the ratings went WAAAAAAAAAY down!

I'll keep my comments to myself on this one, but out with the Stones and in with some bands from this decade at the very least!!!! Not that I don't like the Stones ... don't get me wrong there good, but when your trying to entertain the masses, they really don't cut it!

rubysoho said:
yup, it was just that. You can tell because of the difference during the songs and when he is talking inbetween songs. Inbetween he is out of breath, popping the mic (which is when too much airflow from your breath hits the mic) and during the songs the audio wasn't matching his facial movements and there was no breathing (it is easily edited out with prerecorded versions - something I've done when I record commercial for the radio). Nobody in the stands would notice because they expect a delay in the audio and what they see (because of the distance and that sound travels slower than what your eyes see) but when the video and audio is hooked straight into what you see on TV and the camera is right next to the guy, there should not be a difference in sound and movement.

No way. I'm sorry but I didn't get any of that from what I saw. I don't believe that show was lip sync'd at all. I asked others and have yet to come across anyone else that believes it was lip sync'd either. Plus had many believed it to be lip syncd that would have been discussed in various media outlets. I have heard many say the show stunk, it was boring, he was offkey, they are too old, ect. But so far as I know definitely not lip sync'd.

IMO, he sounded wayyyyyy too horrible for that to have been lip sync'd. I've enjoyed the rolling stones for many years... and that show just sounded horrible. If they were going to lip sync, they would have at least made him sound better.

BillyZ, he sounded way worse when he was speaking normally. *edited to add* And it isn't unheard of to record the show live earlier that day in an empty stadium. There a definite difference in the quality while he was singing and when he was speaking. It is audio editing I do nearly every week.

Everyone I know in broadcasting picked up on the same things as I did. I stand by what I say, but I'll agree to disagree ;)

Those shows are almost always lip synched. The halftime show for the AFC Championship was about as obvious as I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom