Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: Did you like the half time show?
Yes, my favorite. 1 8.33%
No, it was awful. 7 58.33%
Not the best but I enjoyed it. 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-06-2006, 05:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Melissamustang
Halftime show...Boring or did you like it?????

I did not like it at all. He looked like he was on something and he is very old and oh my when he was shaking his money maker I was getting sick...And he sounded as though he was drunk.
It was nothing special and he can't sing anymore....VERY off.

I hope I did not offend anyone. Just my opinion.

Tell someone how you feel….Make a sweet comment and it will always make you feel good as well!
Old 02-06-2006, 05:40 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Many of those same comments were being made by lots of folks while it was on.

I, for one, was sorely dissapointed in this years half-time commercials... there weren't any! They were all for silly TV shows, and the commercials during the 3rd and 4th quarter were bad to.

anywho.. i've never been a big fan of live music to begin with... but you gotta give the guy credit for having that much energy at 62 years old though!

Old 02-06-2006, 05:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

The Rolling Stones have put out enough good music to keep me respecting them till the end of time! I'd probably enjoy it even if Mick was sporting a cane, an oxygen tank, and a diaper! As for Keith Richards, I'm not sure how that man is still alive! But God bless em he is and he cracks me up. Rock on old men!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I hated that he was not actually singing during the songs. If I wanted to, I could play a CD.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Are you suggesting that Mick lip sync'd or are you saying the singing was so bad you wouldn't call it singing??? It didn't seem lip sync'd to me at all.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree Rolling Stones have put out tons of great music but I was disappointed with the half time show. There are a lot of things I would have rather seen than a old man hopped up on speed shaking his butt sporting the new slim line of "Opps I crapped my pants" Stay retired so I can enjoy listening to the stones without flashbacks of the super bowl.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #7
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Your of the same generation I am and im not all that into the stones. After the infamous wardrobe malfunction of a few years past expect the comercials and halftime shows to be 'tamed down' for many years to come.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:01 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

After halftime was over I said 'Is that it? I watched all that and no wardrobe malfunctions" Best thing about the game is I went to my parents and they had a table piled up withcrab legs, shrimp, cornon the cob, potatos, smoked sausage etc. They had another table with hot wings, meatballs, and a whole bunch of deserts and snacks etc. After I ate a few pounds of crab legs I chilled and watched the game.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:42 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfreek
Your of the same generation I am and im not all that into the stones.
I grew up in a home with the stereo always on full blast. Usually the Rolling Stones, Beatles, Queen, Meatloaf, or Carole King.

I still think Bat out of Hell is one of the greatest albums ever. I'm not sure if it's 'cause it really is or 'cause I was brainwashed as a kid.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:24 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I was disappointed. I'm not that big into the stones, but this show seemed a bit like too much yelling.

I always maintain, though, that halftime shows and the opening of the olympics are pagentry events, not TV events. Pagentry as in large scale effects with multiple sensory modalities used. To see the huge stage with all the lights, smoke, fireworks, variation of volume, waving flashlights, people yelling and jumping up and down --- the effect of all that limited to just my living room and single shots from TV cameras is just a dud. Even if the stones gave a great concert, it still would probably be a dud to me. If I were present in the stadium I'd take in the whole event in a much different way than from just watching my TV and it would have been exciting.

My 2 cents.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com