Hardiest fish you've kept

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How well they do in either or, depends greatly on where they were collected. Fish collected from fresh water populations will obviously do better in fresh water, and brackish populations in brackish. It's nailing down a collection area that is the tough part, so people usually have to fiddle with the salinity one way or the other to find what the fish like.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I keep mine in a salinity at about .008 and all mine have grown to mass sizes around 4.5 inches

Keep calm and drum on

My Black Veil Angel was incredibly hardy, i would net on him to survive a catastrophe over any of my other fish... He was the only fish i really regretted selling... :(

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Ocellaris clowfish. Tough little pair has been through thick and thin

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mosquitofish. I caught them from a pond and they were unkillable. I released them later.

A giant danio my brother had was also very hardy. It survived in a 2.5 gallon tank without water changes before I knew what I was doing and went by chain store advice. :(

Hi some great stories there(y)
Syno cats had several live for nearly twenty years.
My first marine fish a threadfin butterfly. Survived much mistreatment including being in brackish water! { I simply topped the tank up with fresh water after cleaning out a filter:hide:} Had that fish nearly ten years then lost it to a mystery. I treated the tank with some stuff I had bought to help improve water quality - the water turned brown all but one fish died. My worst ever night in fishkeeping:(
My cherry shrimps,they are awesome:dance:

Zebra danios

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Definitely my oto. He survived an unfiltered 2.5 gallon tank, near starvarion, and 2 eight hour road trips in a one gallon jar, and he didn't even get sick!

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've had bettas get sick and die under much less stress.

Definitely my oto. He survived an unfiltered 2.5 gallon tank, near starvation, and 2 eight hour road trips in a one gallon jar, and he didn't even get sick!

That's impressive. For most people, they will die if you look at them the wrong way.

My 2 hillstream loaches ..survived 3 tank changes so far and given the right living conditions i find them near invincible

Back
Top Bottom