Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-27-2007, 10:49 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I try not to overlook based on pricetag, but I work in a homeless shelter. The people I work with would love to have to opportunity to spend $1000 on a sick betta. But its not going to happen for them. I try to maintain some small sense of logic in this crazy world.

Anybody who's seen the personality of fish has had their minds and hearts opened to a whole new world.
DepotFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 01:33 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via ICQ to Ky'smommy Send a message via MSN to Ky'smommy Send a message via Yahoo to Ky'smommy
one time i had a 80 dollar discus sick and i needed to get meds asap.. i had called my vet to get it cause i couldnt find it at a pet store locally at the time
Well i got it, only after being laughed at. They pretty much thought i was nuts.
I dont know so much about taking them to the vet.
but if i need something for my fish to make them live. I will do just about everything i can to help them.
But i wouldnt be taking a few hundred dollars out of my familys pocket to take them to have surgery.

Ky'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:28 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to Mosaic
Today I just found out that a vet that sometimes subs in our clinic works mostly for a fish vet. As it turns out, most of their business is related to pond maintenance rather than a whole lot of medical care. The guy also wrote a book and does lectures, so a lot of his income comes in that way too. He does only koi though. I think he's missing out on the discus and marine fish.

I'm going to see if maybe I can work for him on Saturdays or something.

I just want my planted tanks to be perfect. Is that so much to ask?

55g: (Mostly) African riverine species: Alestes Chaperi, breeding pair of Kribs, and rhino pleco
30g: Newly established reef tank
10g: Planted but fishless
5g: Unplanted with various snail species
2.5g: Heavily planted with betta.
Mosaic is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com