Hatching Brine Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubbles0oO

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, I am getting more and more exited for my angelfish spawn ( due to lay in about 2 weeks) and I have been looking around for the best way to hatch Brine Shrimp.

Here's what I have:
Brine Shrimp eggs
enough salt for 5 gallons
Bubbler
2 liter bottles with caps that have airbrushing coming out of the ( from co2)

Questions:
Is there a certain temperature they need to be hatched at?
When is there yolk sack at its most nutritious?
Is a certain amount of lighting required?
How salty should the wager BE?
Would it be worth it to set up a 10 gallon to dump my extra water out into an grow the extra shrimp into adults?

I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this, it didn't seem to fit anywhere else!

Thanks ,

Bubbles0oO

well i breed 7 pairs now. and i did a 1/4 tsp of eggs to a 2 liter bottle and 2 tsp of salt and 80 degree. i have a lamp that i put mine by and when they are hatch i put a small light shining at the bottom of the bottle to draw them down to drain. --flash light---.i feed with in 4 to 6 hours of hatching. no on the 10 gallon. tyr not to hatch more than u need in one day. if need be set up to hatcheries . one for morning and one for night. pm if i can help

well i breed 7 pairs now. and i did a 1/4 tsp of eggs to a 2 liter bottle and 2 tsp of salt and 80 degree. i have a lamp that i put mine by and when they are hatch i put a small light shining at the bottom of the bottle to draw them down to drain. --flash light---.i feed with in 4 to 6 hours of hatching. no on the 10 gallon. tyr not to hatch more than u need in one day. if need be set up to hatcheries . one for morning and one for night. pm if i can help

.......I have the exact same setup for my guppy fry LOL..........but yeah, I actually put extra shrimp in a 2.5 I have and feed them brine shrimp food and some die, some grow to be large :) I just found out sea monkeys are just brine shrimp lol!

Back
Top Bottom