hate ---> love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rreekers

Aquarium Advice FINatic
is there a type of fish that you use to think were ugly but now love?

or a fish/invertebrate that you said you would NEVER have but now do?

I use to think cories were freaky looking now I am in love with them.. I'm looking for a tank with tons of floor space so I can get a bunch of different types

also I use to be freaked out by mystery snails, because of their tenticles. now I love to watch them in my tanks :)

loaches also use to freak me out, because they are all eel / snake like.. now I love my kuhlis and want a dojo loaches someday

I've done just the opposite. Loved a fish, brought it home, and soon after wondered why I liked it so much...honestly, I've done that a few times.

black skirt tetras. i used to hate how aggressive they were towards each other, but now, they've kind of grown on me... i love to watch them chase each other (they do minimal damage) and jump out of the water to get to food. :)

Lovin Fish said:
I've done just the opposite. Loved a fish, brought it home, and soon after wondered why I liked it so much...honestly, I've done that a few times.

I think a lot of people have!
I did it with my silver tip tetras

I think a lot of people have!
I did it with my silver tip tetras

I did it with corydoras, bloodfin tetras and serpae tetras. I like the serpaes but they are just too mean to eachother so they always have shredded fins. The bloodfins were pretty but too flighty. The corydoras; just too much bioload. I have a large school and they are the messiest little things!

I use to hate with a passion gouramis because of their whiskers but now I can stand them. Also I might buy a first pair but don't know to much about. I don't know why I didn't like them but I do now :)

I used to dislike angelfish. But now I really want some.

I wanted American-flag fish. When I got them I didn't like them because they were such bullies. So I got rid of them.

Back
Top Bottom