have trouble fishing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Values? putting food on the table is not a value in life?

Last time I checked it was Cannibalism that was illegal not harvesting the fruit of the land.

Dk, worms segment, like a lizards tail.

I use bluegill for bait for catfish.
img_1039271_0_e3ad8bd4823dcc719e97b93f88f7e9e6.jpg

cant catch the biggun without big baits.
This flat is alive and well, roughly 45# now was 38# when taken 5 years ago or so.

If you havnt noticed I have been an angler for 25 years. Fish have no nerves in their lips, catfish usually swallow the bait and hook therefore cannot be returned to the waterways due to it dying anyways, why not eat it.

Well, when you fish, you usually use the entire worm, and it is not possible to put the entire worm on a little hook. So therefore you have to cut it...I don't like to see it squirm when it gets cut, makes me feel bad.
Also, that is one nasty catfish!!!!!!!! EEK! I have some pics from fishing in AK in my albums.

Sure it is, insert @ the mouth and feed the worm onto the hook following the curve, pop the hook point and barb out at the ring looking section( sexual organs, toughest part of the worm). Rigging it this way not only attracts more fish but bigger fish since the worm stretches out in water.

Or since you dont like touching the worms, try bowfishing, its the cat's meow. But you cant use this method on just any fish, your local DNR has a invasive"rough" species list on their website of the fish you can use this method on.

Conservation is #1 priority.

Do you have tiny worms where you live lol? Our worms here are ginormous and no way would I be able to put the whole thing on a hook! Our worms are probably 6-8 inches long and are fatties.

law of the jungle, if your teeth are designed to tear flesh you eat meat ;)

Wow Ironic since a girl I flirt with is a vegaterian.

You know, there are cultures that eat fish while still alive. Even cook them while trying to preserve their life to be served alive.
There is a video that has been aired on television, on some sort of reality T.V show. I'm surprised it was even able to be aired on television in America(considering you see the disclaimer in alot of movies *no animals were actually harmed*). The Narrator makes it out to be something cool and fascinating. I think its quite disturbing.

I'll post the video...
*Warning* It's a bit graphic, those who are squeamish should probably not watch.

YouTube - Living Dead Fish Dinner In Shanghai, China

Ok, i think i will go puke now.

In Japan this is not a uncommon practice. It is like the problems the U.S. is having with overfishing the whales. My dad told me something once. the japanese are always very good at what they do, they are very focused, but this can sadly be bad in certain ways. They are so focused on fishing the whales that they are wiping them of the face of this earth. There are many videos you can find online of things like this. There is a video out there were a sushi maker in Japan takes a datnoid out of the water and takes a knife and trims the meat of the side of the fish and puts it back in the water and the fish is still swimmin around in the tank (barely). The only reason it is still alive is because the chef did not damage any organs. I dislike it but remember that alot of people see this in there everyday life and have no problem with it.

Back
Top Bottom