Have you been bitten by the Saltwater Bug?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwater Temptations?

• I'm thinking about it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing could take me away from Freshwater

• I've been bitten and I have tanks of both types

• Freshwater? What is Freshwater? SALT ALL THE WAY BABY!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SixFootDaisy

Eventually I think SW gets the best of us.... Or does it?

I have both types of tanks. I started out in freshwater in 96 and went to saltwater in jan of 01. Then i got a feshwater tank again last year.

Right now I have FW, but I do eventually want salt water. My goal is to have MTS!! Yeah baby!

The only thing that might distract me from my pond is that I might set up a 30 gal for my plecos over the winter. Salt is too expensive, and I don't like the idea of harvesting fish and rocks from the ocean.

I started SW, and was bitten by the FW bug, several years later, but the itch for FW faded quickly. If it weren't for big aggressive cichlids, I wouldn't have a FW tanks set up. FWIW, my wife prefers FW Biotope aquariums.

I didn't vote in the poll.

The salty side of things is Mighty Tempting, but I choose not too, for a variety of reasons. I have had salt in the past (waaaay back).

I won't rule it out in the future, but for now my hands are full with my tanks and ponds, and my wallet is empty!

MTS isn't a goal lmw, it's a sickness! LOL In 3 months we now have 2 tanks and a couple bettas in the kitchen. I can't stop! :)

Ryan

I have one 58g saltwater tank. Its my first scince I was a kid. I have had this one up scince 8/3/03 and I am already thinkin about the next one. I am beginning to suspect it is a life long illness LOL.

funny that you posted this, i have always thought about salt water fish and today i just comited my self too doing it and started too buy some of the supplies that i needed.

I guess I approached things a little backwards -- started with my first FO SW tank in 1990, and my first reef in 1991 - have been keeping reef tanks ever since. But ... I've never owned a single FW fish in my life, not even a goldfish as a kid. I look at pics of the gorgeous planted FW tanks, and drool - I think they're beautiful. Our current reef tank is all I can handle for now. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom