Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
View Poll Results: Have you seen Disney's Finding Nemo?
Yes 41 53.95%
No 35 46.05%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-07-2003, 03:56 PM   #1
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Have you seen Disney's Finding Nemo?

Have you seen the movie? And for those who have what did you think?

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 05:06 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

I took my children to see it. I thought that it was great! The turtles were my favorite. I explained to my children that Gill the moorish idol was trying to escape because they do not survive in fish tanks. (they want to get one now) I thought that they did a great job with the movie.

Old 06-07-2003, 05:26 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I liked the part when they where "talking whale".

The entire movie has some really great comedy.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 05:33 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

The "jellies" were cool too. I will probably see it again, and the DVD is a sure purchase.
"So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems...And God saw that it was good" Gen1:21
bizzybeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 01:16 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to Chrismac
I really want to see it actually
Chris.
Old 06-09-2003, 09:56 AM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

I voted no, but that was simply because I haven't seen it yet!! It's on the agenda for next week.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 12:25 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Send a message via AIM to nugrad2005 Send a message via Yahoo to nugrad2005
Not only did i see it, but i saw it at the drive in....let me just say, it was AWESOME!

Do you live in Massachusetts or the New England area? If so join the New England Regional Forum: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/groupcp.php?g=1404
nugrad2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 12:40 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I took my little one to see it, but i engoyed more than he did. Great flick. I loved the attention that was given to little details like the water current and the tiny specks floating in the ocean as well as the tank. I cant wait for the DVD.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:09 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to shawmutt
I always check rottentomatoes.com for reviews before going to a movie, and this movie has the highest rating I have ever seen! 98% good out of over 140 reviews! I was amazed, but not as amazed as going to see the movie first hand. My fiance and I went to an earlier show so we could be around a bunch of kids (IMO the only way to watch a Disney movie. I've heard complaints about the movie just catering to kids (well, duh), but I disagree. As a (former) member of AA (alcoholics anonymous, not aquarium advice ) I can say I thoroughly enjoyed the recovering shark sequence, and I can say not one child in there understood what "don't fall off the wagon" meant.
Old 06-11-2003, 10:50 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I saw it with my girl and we both loved it. Actually was wanting a Percula Clown for some time, ever since I started setting up my Nano, and after watching that movie I couldn't stop my self from getting one. Guess what his name is? He's doing great, I especially liked the shark sequence also, my father has been in AA for over 10 years so I caught it all, and the look in that sharks eyes when it tasted it's vice, well I've seen that before also. I especially liked the turtle sequence, dudes.

Peace

Edge

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com