HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcummings

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My poor Oscar has been threw so much and I'm not sure what to do now?
1st he gets white spots all over him
2nd he looks blind
Things I was recommended to try
*copper safe
* maracyn two
*primafix/melafix
*ick guardImageUploadedByTapatalk1435961003.702848.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1435961017.826608.jpg
Last but not least
*E.M. Erythromycin

Ok white spots are gone, but eyes have not cleared up.........please someone direct me in the right way of treating this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay what are the results of water test? Have you tested your water? Also tank size? Etcetcetc, white spot, stress, cloudy eyes well well

I will offer links I feel are relevant IMO.
I have followed your threads (on multiple sites) and know you have tried a bunch of meds.
Please read links so you understand why each has not worked.
Bacterial infections | The Skeptical Aquarist
^read ALL^
Popeye in Fish
^get right to treatments.^
Kanamycin and furan( are the chosen columnaris meds mentioned by link) along with Epsom salt which will help restore proper osmoregulation and relieve pressure on the eye(and internal organs that you don't see).
Order more meds then you need and change a lot of water while treating(regardless of directions ) and redose daily for water removed during changes,along with treatment schedule according to directions.
Good luck an hope others chime in!

I've had the water tested, and everything was normal, he's in a 55 gallon tank by himself

I never even asked water parameters but normal is not a valid answer!
And a 55 is pushing it for an Oscar if you are not dedicated to clean water (nitrates under 15ppm).
The reason behind the columnaris meds is columnaris loves clean water!
Keep your temp around 75 or under and read the links.
Not all issues demand poor water and columnaris loves clean water(did I mention that already?)
Read the links in case you or I forgot!

Thanks for all your feedback, I looked over the website you gave me, and after reading it, it made plenty of sense. I haven't seen him eat in about 8 days, but he must be eating something, because he's still alive.

If you have not seen him eat he is probably not eating.
He is a large fish so would need more then scraps in the tank.
Many fish can live weeks without food.
You need to get him eating!
I will look for a thread where a keeper cured this issue I believe?

Back
Top Bottom