Help injured fish :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachitch

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi please can someone help me. I am pretty attached to my two goldfish and I was doing a gravel clean with a siphon today and my fish went under the siphon at the exact time I pushed down and I felt him underneath it and felt as though I squashed him . It turns my stomach over thinking I've hurt him or caused him damage as it was quite a hard blow :( I am mortified . He's swimming fine and eating well and lively as usual not showing any signs of stress. I've changed 20% water and given it a boost with biological filter just to make good bacteria is thriving just thought maybe that would help ? . He's showing what I can only describe as a teeny bruise or damage to two scales in the middle of his body but his fins and everything else is fine. Will he be ok have I caused him any internal injurys? It's been about three hours since the incident and he's still being he's happy self but I'm so concerned . Attached pic :(

Attachments

• IMG_2100.jpg
    IMG_2100.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 69
if he seems to be acting fine he may have just a bruise the scales will grow back
just keep a eye on him the next day or so looking for any sign of infection or acting strange
gold fish are tough fish

Ok thank you been sat watching him for over an hour worried ! How will I know if he has an infection ?

Thanks for help :)

So he's doing really well he's still very happy and swimming around like no care in the world which is a huge relief thank you so much for your help and putting my mind more at ease ?

Lol curious George ? His name is Lumi for anyone who may want to know he's the best fish ever lol ?

Back
Top Bottom